PDA

View Full Version : what can changing a weapon's "MISC TYPE" do?

trudatman
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
in 1.90, select QUEST > SPRITES > WEAPONS/MISC > WOODEN SWORD and you will see the following editable fields:

FLASH CSET XX
ANIMATION FRAMES XX
ANIMATION SPEED XX
MISC TYPE 1

1 = swords
45 = wand
48 = fire
0 and 47 split the rest, with 0 seeming to be for the wider damage stuff, mostly

if I tell the super bomb to be 48 instead of 47, what is likely to happen? there is almost nothing to read on this subject, so any content you can provide would be appreciated. to clarify (I hope), my question is what that misc type value does. if I change it to another commonly used value, such as 47, what does that do? what would the unused (2-44, 46, 48+) values do? does anybody have even the slightest understanding of this? if so, please reply.

King Aquamentus
12-14-2011, 02:27 PM
If altered on a sword, the sword beam's "explosion" tiles can be set to animate in two frames, instead of just flashing one in different Csets. This can be used to emulate the "lightning" effect that the Magic Sword had in BS Zelda.

trudatman
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
so... would changing it to ANYTHING else make that confusingly explained thing happen? would this hold true for bombs and their visual patterning? does altering this value only change the way an item appears to work or can it actually change what it does? I'm hoping somebody can shine some more of the proverbial light upon this quandary.

King Aquamentus
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
There's a lot of it I don't know, and the information I have above I got from VEL herself, who has not been seen in years.