PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim

Brasel
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Who's played Skyrim yet? What kind of character did you build?

I've got a male Dunmer, though I wasn't able to play too long last night, because I had to work today. Now I'm sitting here, bored to all hell because I'm caught up, waiting to go home to play.

I'm planning on playing as a good mix of everything combat wise, one handed, destruction, light armor.

Majora
11-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Downloading Oblivion HD now. I briefly played morrowind so I figure I'll give this a shot.

Beldaran
11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
I've been playing it all weekend. I've got a Breton magic wielding assassin type character, and I'm having a blast.

I don't like the climate in Skyrim though, it's too cold. I hope their next game is in Elsewyer or something. =)

mrz84
11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Male Nord, two one-handed sword style, sometimes switch to a greatsword. Mostly use restoration magic and the occasional alteration spell or two. Another character I made is a female Imperial, sword+shield style also with some restoration and alteration magic.

[edit-o-vision] Just thought some Skyrim players here would get a laugh out of this. Goto fireball20xl.com and click on the GG-Guys button and read the newest comic. Skyrim hilarity ensues. Also, Penny Arcade has 2 differetn Skyrim comics they did in the past week. Also hilarious. [end edit-o-vision]

King Aquamentus
12-22-2011, 06:26 PM
No, I have not played the game but i want to play. From where i can download it? Please post the source url of the game.

Link removed.

What a retarded thing to say. Not to mention you're asking for a download to a commercial product.

ShadowTiger
12-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Level 52, and I still haven't gone to the Throat of the World yet to speak to the Graybeards. I'm loaded up with side quests. I have a Female Rogue'ish Imperial, kinda sneaky sniper kind of person.

mrz84
12-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm doing the same thing. I'm leaving the Main Quest and Civil War Quest for last. Did the same In Oblivion with the Main Quest. Though I do have to say I went far enough into the Main Quest to trigger the appearance of Dragons. I just gotta say the Dragon armor looks pretty badass. :kitty:

ShadowTiger
08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
A topic on Skyrim is within reach, and damn it, I'm reaching for it.

So! Skyrim! Who is playing?

I actually have the same character concept as from my earlier post in this thread. I'm operating mostly using Skyrim Redone (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286), (Awesome mod. Go check it out when you start a new character.) I'm currently level 131 using Elys's Community Uncapper (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1175), which allows you to have multipliers for skills and skill points and expand the limits of your skill caps. That's generally what uncappers do, yes. :p

So I'm currently working on the Thieves Guild area. I finished the main questline in my last game, but never really refurbished the place But 125 Radient quests? That's a bit much. Eh, good to have a home away from home, I guess.

CJC
08-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Haven't played Skyrim in a while, but that "Skyrim Redone" mod makes me want to get the PC version of the game. It just... sounds so awesome.

If I had magic modding skills, though, I'd re-code all of the doors to be walk-in warps (Like the caves), so that I could add 'Bex' as a player shout (You know, to open doors from a distance).

ShadowTiger
08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
honestly, if I was a modder too, I'm sure there would be a way to script a shout to do that. They already have custom shouts that activate scripts, so that's certainly an option. I have a shout that turns out into a dragon. :D You can fly. So happy.

erm2003
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I have the game but I haven't played it in a long time. I am worried that if I start again I will go all day - and I just don't have the time for that currently. I do want to get back into it at some point.

CJC
08-30-2012, 09:07 PM
honestly, if I was a modder too, I'm sure there would be a way to script a shout to do that. They already have custom shouts that activate scripts, so that's certainly an option. I have a shout that turns out into a dragon. :D You can fly. So happy.

Well, the shout is already in the game. The grey beards use it when they're teaching you about Whirlwind sprint. I figure it triggers the 'activate' subroutine on a door, which then causes it to open.

The problem is, if the door is a warp door, you'd miraculously travel to the next screen from across the room. The only way I can perceive of avoiding that would be to turn all warp doors into 'cave entrances'. ...That is, you have to actually walk into the darkness after opening the door to trigger a transition.
What would be really cool, though, is if this shout could pick locks from a distance. Like, apprentice at the first level, adept at the mid level, and expert at the longest version of the shout.

That Dragon morph shout sounds pretty cool, you should link to that one too. I think I'll buy Skyrim for PC when I've got some flexible cash, and that sounds like a mod I'd like to use.

@ERM:
Yeah, Skyrim's definitely a time hole. Every time I start playing it, I have to dump about fifty hours in before I can move on to another game.

mrz84
08-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Haven't played Skyrim since June. Mostly due to work and my deviantart account eating up most of my spare time that isn't spent on doing the dishes.

Brasel
08-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I play in spurts. My character that I started the thread with died with my original PS3. I got my new PS3, and my save file was corrupt. I started a new character using the same concept. I've been chipping away at the Thieves' Guild quests. I don't really care to complete the main quest right away this time. I had finished it fairly quickly on my last play through. I also wasn't too impressed by the civil war quest. The quest lines that were supposed to feel epic and grand felt kind of flat. The shorter quests really stood out more.

I'm going to buy this for PC as soon as I build a new rig. My current computer has been humming steadily along since 2006. It runs Obliivion at top specs, but I don't want to play Skyrim at a lower spec...even if I am playing it on PS3.

Aliem
09-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I played through it once, doing every faction and every quest I could find. The radiant quest system is a neat concept, but I wish the quests had some flavor to them; they're all too bland: Kill the bandit, kill the giant, kill the dragon! Bleh.

I haven't yet tried Dawnguard, though I will probably within the next few weeks. I started a second playthrough a few months ago, focusing on sneaking and magic. I'm having more fun this time than the first time.

CJC
05-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Arise dead thread, your master commands you!

I"ve recently started playing Skyrim again. Got it for the PC last weekend and modded the **** out of it. It's a totally different experience from the Console version. Some of the stuff these modders do with the game... it's just astonishing. And even the little tweaks make a huge difference.

Currently playing a sneaky type with the SkyRE perk/spell/combat overhaul and an assortment of other mods. Level 15, just got the first Shout. The Dragons have been cranked up with a combination of two other mods, and it took me six tries and an hour to beat the first (supposedly easy) one outside Whiterun. Every moment of the modified game is exhilarating, so it's hard to pull away.
So I'm going to be a ghost for a while. Sorry guys.