PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Nova 16-bit Demo (ZC v2.5 RC2) read inside

King Aquamentus
08-27-2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?kb4wovwnr39ad22

If you've seen my recent post in the screenshots thread, you'll know I'm not giving up on Metroid Nova yet, despite all my previous progress having been wiped. Instead I'm recreating it as similar to Super Metroid's look and feel as I can. There's some little odds and ends along the way, but I hope that through the quest (and this demo especially), I can make a strong, supportive case for Sideview Gravity in ZC.

Know this going into the demo:

You'll be prompted to equip the spring ball icon as soon as you start. Do so. I'd suggest putting it in the B slot, so you can jump with the far finger and shoot with the near. That's just how I am. do what you want.

Jumping is, as you can now guess, not hard coded. Joe123 is no longer around, but if he were I'm sure he'd be helping out with some sort of update to his old jump script. I really can't use that old script, as I know there's some issues with how it works in new versions. This means that you can't switch out weapons using Z and X. At some later date, I'd like to be able to turn the "A and B button items" quest rule off, but for right now, just bear with it.

Saving. THIS IS IMPORTANT: The game WILL NOT SAVE YOUR PROGRESS IF YOU DIE. As in a Metroid game, you just save at a save station. To do this, Walk into a save station tube and press Enter. You can also save inside your ship by walking to the right as far as you can and pressing Enter. Be very careful after getting the bombs, as the nearest save station is not near at all. I'll put a closer one in later.

Also, you'll notice enemy behavior bugs along the way. I made the demo, I'm pretty well aware of them, and there's nothing I can do about them. Like I said, let this quest make a strong case for what needs to be done for Sideview.

Sherilyn Ball
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Which version? 2.5 RC2? Unable to find. What is RC2?

Link
09-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Which version? 2.5 RC2? Unable to find. What is RC2?
You can get RC2 here (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?93839-2.50-RC2).