PDA

View Full Version : The Lockout is Over

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Anybody else ready for football season to start? Who's your team?

I'm riding with the Dallas Cowboys until the wheels fall off.

mrz84
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
To tell the truth, I only watch football during thanksgiving at my granparents' house and even then, only out of boredom or if the youngsters don't wanna watch a movie. This applies to any other holiday that falls into the football season.

DarkDragon
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Anybody else ready for football season to start? Who's your team?

I'm riding with the Dallas Cowboys until the wheels fall off.

I've been a Dallas fan since my time at Rice University, which I must confess has been heartbreaking in recent years...

If they do better than the Eagles this year, that's all I ask.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 03:03 PM
This year is going to be interesting with the late start to training camp and the reduced practices written into the new labor agreement. It literally could be anybody's year.

ZTC
07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm happy it's over because then I can work concessions for Bears training camp now

ZTC
07-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm happy it's over because then I can work concessions for Bears training camp now

Chris Miller
07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
It would rock if the Superbowl came down to the Cowboys and the Texans.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
It would rock if you would join the AGN Facebook Group.

That would be pretty cool, but I just can't see the Texans putting it all together any time soon.

Nathaniel
07-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Good thing to know there will be a season. Teams have less time to prepare for this season, but this could make things interesting. All in all, we will see which teams will be able to handle this pressure better and which won't. I am a Bills fan, so maybe they will have a shot at finally making the playoffs, which has been the longest drought of any team in the league, I believe. It would also be great to finally see them beat the Patriots after so many years.

Brasel
07-30-2011, 10:55 AM
I was less worried about the games than I was about the people behind the scenes who would be out of jobs if the season was locked out. How bad would that suck if you were an equipment manager, or an arena staff worker who depended on the league for your livelihood, and it turns out you don't get a paycheck this year because a bunch of millionaires couldn't figure out how much extra cash they got?

Master Ghaleon
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Lets go skins!! I know we will suck but hey its football time!

deathbyhokie
08-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Lets go skins!! I know we will suck but hey its football time!

With Sexy Rexy as quarterback? It'll be another dismal year. 4-10, at best.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-08-2011, 12:26 AM
With Sexy Rexy as quarterback? It'll be another dismal year. 4-10, at best.

And that's really terrible considering it's a 16 game season.

deathbyhokie
08-12-2011, 07:32 AM
And that's really terrible considering it's a 16 game season.

You are clearly unfamiliar with the levels of suckage the redskins can bring to the table.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Considering they're Dallas's arch-rival, I'm fairly familiar with their shortfalls.