PDA

View Full Version : Forum reinstall

DarkDragon
07-27-2011, 08:38 PM
To try and wipe out the attack code and other random damage caused last time AGN was hacked, I've completely wiped the forum software and done a reinstall. A few consequences:

1. I've restored users and posts from backup, but some features will be missing or broken until I manually fix them. Please post any problems you notice here.

2. Since AGN has a low level of activity these days I've disabled all but the most active forums, and those dedicated to ZC development. Everything is still available to read in the archives, and could well be back some day if activity picks up.

3. If you were formerly a member of the senior staff, are active, and want your position reinstated, please post here or PM me.

4. I've disabled registration temporarily, until the kinks with the reinstall are worked out and I find a good CAPTCHA system that doesn't leak spambots like a sieve. If you have any ideas, please post them here.

5. I'm going to see if I can install some themes besides the default vBulletin white & blue. If you have any logos, smilies, or other images that I could use to spruce the place up, please post them here. Also, if you have experience creating or modifying vBulletin themes and would like to help out, please send me a PM.

On deck:
- Put in non-crap CAPTCHA and enable registration
- Fix generic avatars
- Fix smilies
- Install themes (in progress)
-- Black
-- Fire
- Fix bug thread icons
- Install arcade
- Fix reputation
- Fix stars
- Fix infraction system
- Install spam blacklist
- Fix zeldaclassic.com comments
- Fix zeldaclassic.com mirrors
- Fix zeldaclassic.com emails?
- Fix zeldaclassic.com & AGN unified logins (won't fix for now)
- Fix redirection problem when logging in
- Change favicon

Chris Miller
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I would suggest disabling links in signatures and posts until a certain post count is reached, say 100 posts.

King Aquamentus
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Buy Tiger woods direct Tiger woods golf clubs Tiger Woods sex tape revealed Reveal your matches for free Enzyte Influenza Meet people just like you today for free Free pictures of children free and anonymous Do you do voodoo meet people who do voodoo today meet Mark Dischordia Defeat Mark Dischordia's boner for free at Beatmarkdischordiasboner.com reveal your matches for free $2.99 Korean Batman Power Ranger now with web slinging action free for 49.95 Get Breaker to join AGN facebook group for 39.95 Make Me shut up about those stupid adbots already even though this whole post is friggin hilarious and only about half of you will probably bother to read the whole thing even though the phrase "free pictures of children free and anonymous" should have turned heads anyways I mean who advertises that oh well watch my account get banned even though Old-Skool isn't an ad-bot and this doesn't raise any suspicion that' it's a joke right? Also welcome back AGN

Chris Miller
07-27-2011, 11:30 PM
You scared the shit out of me.
Good job. I was rather badly constipated. :)

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
I've put in a little Zelda-themed antibot question and enabled registration. We'll see over the next few days if it's enough to stop the spambots.

_L_
07-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Don't forget the bug thread icons! New, Sick, Unverified, etc.

XMuppetSB
07-28-2011, 04:28 AM
I see that the reputation system is gone, but I could care less if it comes back or not, seeing as it had hardly ever been used since 2009.
Also, I see that image BB Code is disabled in signatures.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Had some sort of error upon first login, but I didn't catch it. We'll see if it pops up again.

Out of curiousity, is the reputation system coming back? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has incredibly old reputation that it would be cool to go through, since it hasn't been accessible for quite some time.

Everything looks and sounds good. Callitaday's idea is a good one.

I'll take my staff position back with an upgrade, Senior Mod or Admin, so I can start editing the signatures of all the spam bots. :-p

New auto save feature is fucking awesome! Just dropped out of the hospitals wifi and came back without having to change a whole lot.

A lot of members asked for an arcade, so there's that.

Also, thanks, man. We know you do all this with your own time and we appreciate it.

mrz84
07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
The only forum stuff I'd like to see back is General Gaming Discusion. And maybe the kitty smilie.

rocksfan13
07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I like it already. Anything is better than that awful default VBulletin skin.
Makes me wish I know how to this stuff so I could give you a hand.

I wouldn't mind getting my position back either.
Not too worried about rep, but yes, bringing back the arcade would be awesome.

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Fixed the problem with images in signatures, and added the other suggestions to the list.

XMuppetSB
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Say, what happened to the ability to add custom titles after accumulating 1000 posts?

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Spoke too soon, the spambots are still getting in (how the hell??). Disabled registration again.

Nathaniel
07-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Those spambots are crafty things, aren't they? Anyway, it's looking much better already. It's always a work in progress, but hey: A work in progress is always a positive sign for things to come. At least somebody here has the right idea. The fact that you are trimming the fat too speaks great volume, in more ways than one (inactive staff and inactive forums). Make others find a reason to keep them/their positions, as opposed to you finding a reason to not keep them. They snooze, they lose, and life goes on either way.

Lets give a round of applause to DarkDragon. These actions should not go unappreciated. In these types of environments, such words of appreciation are often not said enough.

Colossal
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
The default sort order for threads is by their title, not when the last post was. I was wondering for a bit why I was seeing threads from 2003 and even earlier than that at the top of the list.

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 03:39 PM
The default sort order for threads is by their title, not when the last post was. I was wondering for a bit why I was seeing threads from 2003 and even earlier than that at the top of the list.

Wow, what a silly default. I've gone through and fixed this for all the non-Ancient-Stuff forums.

XMuppetSB
07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Whoops! All the BB Codes have been disabled in signatures!

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Whoops! All the BB Codes have been disabled in signatures!

I'm implementing Callitaday's suggestion to turn off images and links in signatures for users with < 50 posts (such users also will have more limited access to sending emails and other abusable features). Your signature should be fixed in a few minutes, bear with me.

XMuppetSB
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Okay, I see that it's implemented now. Anyway, are you going to enable custom titles for those with 1000 or more posts? I really miss getting to make custom titles rather than just stick with the default title associated with my post count. I also noticed that the stars for various post count levels are gone, though the diamonds that tell how long a person has been here have been gone since 2009.

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
You should be able to set a custom title if you have at least 50 posts. Have you checked under "edit profile"?

mrz84
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Custom titles would be nice to have again. Also, what's with the Zelda enemy names above avs? Is that a title thingy?

XMuppetSB
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Yup. I saw the option for it. Anyway, thanks for re-enabling the custom title feature.

mrz84
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok, now I see it too. Nice to have custom titles again.

bigjoe
07-28-2011, 05:24 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1184/agfiretheme.png
I dunno, just foolin' around...

King Aquamentus
07-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Spoke too soon, the spambots are still getting in (how the hell??). Disabled registration again.

Some of the spambots are actual people being deployed to these sites to do nothing but advertise. Post restrictions would be the best bet.

Pineconn
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Looking great so far, DD. I've always appreciated your work on the websites.

Saffith
07-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Would it be possible to put any new members who attempt to put links in their signature on mod preview automatically?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Some of the spambots are actual people being deployed to these sites to do nothing but advertise. Post restrictions would be the best bet.

/\ This. You can usually tell the difference pretty easily, not that it matters. Your link restriction will stave off most of it, but unfortunately they can still write links in plain text.

When I login, the redirect gets screwed up somehow.

"Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.armageddongames.net/)"

I say gaming discussion is just fine contained within General. We need an Apple approach--minimalistic.

Sam Atoms
07-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Buy Tiger woods direct Tiger woods golf clubs Tiger Woods sex tape revealed Reveal your matches for free Enzyte Influenza Meet people just like you today for free Free pictures of children free and anonymous Do you do voodoo meet people who do voodoo today meet Mark Dischordia Defeat Mark Dischordia's boner for free at Beatmarkdischordiasboner.com reveal your matches for free $2.99 Korean Batman Power Ranger now with web slinging action free for 49.95 Get Breaker to join AGN facebook group for 39.95 Make Me shut up about those stupid adbots already even though this whole post is friggin hilarious and only about half of you will probably bother to read the whole thing even though the phrase "free pictures of children free and anonymous" should have turned heads anyways I mean who advertises that oh well watch my account get banned even though Old-Skool isn't an ad-bot and this doesn't raise any suspicion that' it's a joke right? Also welcome back AGN

We should have a competition of some kind. If I win, I get your sense of humor.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Signature Deleted Upon Ban

Genius, DD. Shear genius.

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
When I login, the redirect gets screwed up somehow.

"Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.armageddongames.net/)"

Is anybody else getting this problem?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Wow, what a silly default. I've gone through and fixed this for all the non-Ancient-Stuff forums.

Would it be a tragedy to change it to last post for all forums, including the archived ones? It's inhibiting my ability to continue to ban spam members/move ad posts.

If it's inconvenient for whatever reason other than click click click, done, don't worry about it. It will only take a little extra work. :)

Edit: Is the Infraction staff forum coming back?

DarkDragon
07-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I'll add infraction system to the list.

Let me try changing the defaults by directly modifying the SQL database, which should be easier than changing the settings one forum at a time...

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Staff PM limits. Tried to PM you but was told no way. Deleted infraction ones, but still no go. Don't want to delete any actual communication. :-p

DarkDragon
07-29-2011, 12:14 AM
You're right, max PMs were set strangely low... increased the cap to a more reasonable 1,000 messages. Try again now.

ZTC
07-29-2011, 12:27 AM
I didn't take a look at the registration page (derp), but what captcha system is being employed? In addition, are there any dns blacklist type of extensions installed into the board to kill some proxy-based registration?

Edit: the Test Black site style is absolutely beautiful. Just like old times again

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Finally got around to switching to test black...fucking awesome.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
[Double post to alert DD]

Seems like I still can't send PMs. It doesn't give the over-the-limit error anymore. Just goes back to the Inbox without sending. Maybe all users are experiencing this?

Edit: DD, disregard my request to change forum default for post order. I'm down to the final few forums now.

Somebody better appreciate this. I've banned well over a hundred advertisement accounts in the past couple weeks since AGN has been accessible without the danger warning, and 60 since I've been granted Super Mod. :-p

DarkDragon
07-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I didn't take a look at the registration page (derp), but what captcha system is being employed? In addition, are there any dns blacklist type of extensions installed into the board to kill some proxy-based registration?

They're asked to identify a random Legend of Zelda boss.

A blacklist is an interesting idea... I'll look around and see if there's such an extension I can put in place.

Gleeok
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Looking good DarkDragon, you are the man.

I just had a crazy idea about how to automatically deal with a percentage of the Spam-Bots that are able to pass the CAPTCHA system and move on to posting: (This may sound crazy at first so bear with me) -- An Auto-Ban script, or perhaps something similar. ..Basically spammed posts always have a great deal in common: Small signatures (likely all lowercase) that contain multiple links in single sentences; X consecutive posts from a new user in X minutes; Posts that contain horribly formatted paragraphs, again with contain multiple links in single sentences often exceeding any reasonable amount you would expect from any actual member. My idea is to simply check for some of these behaviors and then, if found, automatically disable the account via auto-ban.
Is this do-able?

Brasel
07-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Test Black kicks butt. I don't want my staff position back. I grew tired of constantly banning spammers. I'm sure I won't be missed much. :)

DD, is the forum using MS SQL?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
DD, did you see my previous post about pms? Could somebody else try to send one and see what happens?

I've gone through the first page(however many threads is the forum default) of every single forum and moved all of the ads to the trash and banned every advertising member I could see. I could have easily missed some, so I ask that if any users come across anything that they report it so I can take care of it.

Edit: Also, we should look into this. (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261498)

Chris Miller
07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
If you'd like someone to ban spammers, I'd be happy to help out.
It would be nice to be on the other side of the ban hammer for once. :3
EDIT: Wow, Test Black takes me back. Thank you very much. My retinas thank you as well.

XMuppetSB
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
If you'd like someone to ban spammers, I'd be happy to help out.
It would be nice to be on the other side of the ban hammer for once. :3
EDIT: Wow, Test Black takes me back. Thank you very much. My retinas thank you as well.

Well, whenever I would see posts made by spam bots in the ZC Beta Forum, I would delete those posts. Too bad I only have slight moderation power around here, seeing as there there are some moderation tools I can't use. Also, before the forums were re-installed, I often used the report button whenever I saw posts from spam bots in other forums.

Gleeok
07-30-2011, 03:14 PM
No fuksin way, you got the arcade installed! :D

However, I get logged out with this message: "This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

DarkDragon
07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
DD, is the forum using MS SQL?

No, MySQL.

No fuksin way, you got the arcade installed! :D

However, I get logged out with this message: "This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."
Is it also logging you out after you finish playing, by any chance?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Mine's not posting high scores at all. I'm thinking it has trouble with Ad-Block, but I don't know how to disable it on certain sites in Firefox 5.0.

Going to try it with add-ons disabled until I find out how to whitelist AGN.

Gleeok
07-30-2011, 03:26 PM
No, MySQL.
Is it also logging you out after you finish playing, by any chance?
Yes, twas. Re-enabling the "keep me logged in" box seemed to fix it though. (Unless you just happened to change something while I was testing it ;))

ctrl-alt-delete
07-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Just kidding, it was acting funny a minute ago but now seems to work flawlessly.

DarkDragon
07-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I put in a fix which should get rid of the logging-out issue. For some reason it doesn't correctly show avatars when submitting scores... looking into it.

DarkDragon
07-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Infractions are back in, with hesitation. On the one hand, infractions are a bit bureaucratic and encourage power-tripping, but on the other hand they make it possible for all moderators to ban spambots, automates the banning/unbanning process, and makes it the bans easier to review, and these upsides probably outweigh the downsides.

I'm continuing to make tweaks to Test Black. If you notice something that looks wrong or have any suggestions about how to improve the style, please let me know.

Pineconn
07-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh no, the arcade.... haha. Looks like I'll be busy with that. If you add Curveball, I'm going to have to reclaim my position of king at that one.

Beldaran
07-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Yay, black theme! It makes me want to post again.

Gleeok
07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the test black theme is really slick. Why not have that as the default for the benefit of new members or google-ers.

bigjoe
07-31-2011, 09:08 PM
It'd be cool if we could have a number of themes like we used to. Does anyone still have the images for them?

DarkDragon
08-01-2011, 01:15 AM
I've disabled the default theme completely. Once I finish tweaking the black theme and debugging the arcade, I'll work on a lighter fire theme.

rocksfan13
08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Any chance on looking into the comments issue with quests in the main ZC page?
I've also heard some complaining about the download link not working there too.

Also, AR-fucking-CADE!! Fucking awesome. You rock!

ctrl-alt-delete
08-01-2011, 12:59 PM
If people are going to keep beating my scores, I say we remove the arcade.

rocksfan13
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh damn. Maybe I should stop.

NOT! I'm coming for number 1!!

However, it would be nice if there were more options.

Pineconn
08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Must...be...best...in...Curveball...

Who was it that was almost better than me at that... Phattonez? He's been gone for a long time.

MasterSwordUltima
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh hot damn, this is rad. This is the AGN I remember. :D I had better be able to change my custom title/signature/avatar now! Great work guys!

DarkDragon
08-02-2011, 02:49 AM
You have to sign in separately on zeldaclassic.com even if you've checked "remember me" on AGN... the reason is that the two sites are on different domains and thus have separate cookies. I'll look into putting in a hack so that logging in signs you in to both sites simultaneously, but I'll need some time.

Could someone spell out what else is broken on zeldaclassic.com?

rocksfan13
08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
As far I know,

All the comments were deleted (not sure if those can be recovered)
A few of the mirrors that the download link uses no longer work.

Those are the only ones I know of.

Matthew Bluefox
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Cute new skin there, luv it. :)

MasterSwordUltima
08-02-2011, 10:00 AM
More like, cute old school skin - back to the future for AGN!

mrz84
08-02-2011, 11:20 AM
As far as I can think of on the zeldaclassic front, it doesn't accept email from any of my other sites I visit. I can't think of anything else though.

DarkDragon
08-02-2011, 11:47 AM
What do you mean, exactly? The free @zeldaclassic.com email address can't receive mail?

vegeta1215
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks for getting things back together DarkDragon! Always loved the Classic Black theme... :)

The only forum stuff I'd like to see back is General Gaming Discusion.

I second that.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Not that it will make much of a difference as they are likely to never return, but infraction for spam bans seem to lift after just over a year as opposed to never.

Beldaran
08-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Does anyone else get an "invalid redirect url" error after logging in? Also, selecting "remember me" doesn't work. I have to login every time I visit.

Am I the only one?

rocksfan13
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
DD,

None of the Quest Database managers can post in the ZC Site Development (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?124-ZC-Site-Development) Forum.

Also, none of our avatars are showing up on the Forum Leaders page and our titles are missing.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Does anyone else get an "invalid redirect url" error after logging in? Also, selecting "remember me" doesn't work. I have to login every time I visit.

Am I the only one?

I think it's due to using www before the url. If you just try http://armageddongames.net, it seems to work fine.

DarkDragon
08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
DD,

None of the Quest Database managers can post in the ZC Site Development (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?124-ZC-Site-Development) Forum.

Also, none of our avatars are showing up on the Forum Leaders page and our titles are missing.

These should be fixed.

King Aquamentus
08-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks, Darkdragon. This helps a lot. Tomorrow, if rocksfan hasn't done so already, I'll post an update to the QDB log (I sent it to him previously, so we'll see.)

...what? Why's everyone looking at me funny?

ctrl-alt-delete
08-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Is there a way to see the comments people left when they gave reputation, and if not, will there ever be?

ShadowTiger
08-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Is there a way to see the comments people left when they gave reputation, and if not, will there ever be? I think that's a vBulletin default feature. It should be able to be easily turned on or off.

Old-Skool, what is that thing next to your pips? :p http://armageddongames.net/images/ranks/QDBManager.gif Ah, QDB Manager. Neat.

DarkDragon
08-04-2011, 01:17 AM
I've fixed the ZC mirror links, and restored as many of the quest comments as possible... some of the newer quests' comments are gone for good, sadly. I also wrote a script to search the zeldaclassic.com files for attack and backdoor scripts left by the Russian hackers... there were still a few that turned up.

Is there a way to see the comments people left when they gave reputation, and if not, will there ever be?

For some reason I must have forgotten to turn this on for Mods & Senior Mods. Everyone should be able to see who left rep now.

Am I the only one?

I'll tweak the cookie settings; clear your cookies and try again logging in, and let me know if the problem persists.

For the next 7 days I'll be out of town attending a conference in Vancouver; please keep reporting problems here, though I may not be able to get to them immediately.

Pineconn
08-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Spiffy Cucco.

Hey, can the History link on zeldaclassic.com link to Shardstorm? I've been updating the changelog up until... well, 2008 or so. Looks like they were all deleted, anyway.

DarkDragon
08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Spiffy Cucco.

Hey, can the History link on zeldaclassic.com link to Shardstorm? I've been updating the changelog up until... well, 2008 or so. Looks like they were all deleted, anyway.

Why would anyone want to do that? :-/

I've restored the history from backup but the last 300 or so builds are still missing. Linking to Shardstorm for the beta change log (at least until 2.5 goes gold) doesn't sounds like a bad idea.

rocksfan13
08-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Just an idea.

Maybe add 2.10.2 to the downloads page?
Since we're telling people to grab that for VISTA and Windows 7, might be a good idea to put it there instead of them searching the forums to find it.

mrz84
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
To Dark: Well whenever I'm supposed to get a monthly newsletter from another site to that account, that site tells me when I login there that the account is blocked beacuse they can't get an email through.

Pineconn
08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Haha, looks like I went all the up until November 2009 with the ZC dev history. I really wonder why I did that...

gdorf
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Fantastic. Thanks for doing this :)

Radium
08-08-2011, 01:56 AM
This old logo brings back memories

Nicholas Steel
08-12-2011, 03:34 AM
So when will the notably better default VBulletin theme be available?

DarkDragon
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM

The default theme is currently incompatible with the arcade, so I'll need to do some tweaking to port the fixes I put in in the black theme over to it.

Beldaran
08-12-2011, 08:22 PM
And since the default theme blows chunks of ass, you may take your time.

DarkDragon
08-13-2011, 03:34 AM
I think it's due to using www before the url. If you just try http://armageddongames.net, it seems to work fine.

I think I've fixed this now; both www.armageddongames.net and armageddongames.net should now work.

Let me know if any login problems persist.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-14-2011, 02:04 PM

Sarcasm?

And since the default theme blows chunks of ass, you may take your time.

QFT.

I think I've fixed this now; both www.armageddongames.net (http://www.armageddongames.net) and armageddongames.net should now work.

Let me know if any login problems persist.

Works brilliantly, thanks.

Pineconn
08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
http://zeldaclassic.com/

On the left, the log-in and password field are side-by-side, which is messing up the website a little bit. I'm using IE9, so this problem might not be experienced by Chrome/FireFox users...

ctrl-alt-delete
08-14-2011, 10:06 PM
http://zeldaclassic.com/

On the left, the log-in and password field are side-by-side, which is messing up the website a little bit. I'm using IE9, so this problem might not be experienced by Chrome/FireFox users...

Firefox is not experiencing this. I'll be that guy, why are you using IE?

Pineconn
08-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Because I love life.

This started only a few weeks ago, actually. It used to be just fine...

Beldaran
08-16-2011, 12:26 AM
IE is incredibly obnoxious, and since I develop applications target at IE, I can say that with authority.

Nicholas Steel
08-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Sarcasm?Nope, genuine request/question.

bigjoe
08-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Am I the only one limited to uploading 80 x 80 pixel avatars?

DarkDragon
08-20-2011, 04:57 AM
Am I the only one limited to uploading 80 x 80 pixel avatars?

Strange... some of the dimension restrictions were indeed set wrong, but you should have been one of the people allowed 100 x 100...

In any case, everyone should be able to upload 100 x 100 avatars now. Let me know if it's still broken.

bigjoe
08-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Mine still says 80 x 80. Why can't we have something like 125 x 125?

Sam Atoms
08-24-2011, 02:10 AM
The old man and the chicken in the row of stars is a really nice touch.

DarkDragon
08-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Mine still says 80 x 80. Why can't we have something like 125 x 125?

Hmm, try it again now?

As for why 100x100 vs 125x125, that's the size limit that was used for a while now, and it's as good a cutoff as any, and not too much bigger than the default avatars :shrug:.

DarkDragon
08-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Nope, genuine request/question.

Both styles should be working now.

Nicholas Steel
08-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks very much. :)

rocksfan13
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Any way to update that Favicon?

I'm tired of looking at the default VBulletin one. Maybe something more related to AGN?

DarkDragon
09-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Any way to update that Favicon?

I'm tired of looking at the default VBulletin one. Maybe something more related to AGN?

Fixed? For some reason the zeldaclassic.com icon still shows up as missing in Firefox, though there's no reason it should...

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Confirmed it still uses the default one here in Firefox 6.01.

Chris Miller
09-07-2011, 06:33 PM
It would seem to be fixed in Firefox 6.0.2.

Nicholas Steel
09-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Several forums vanished? If you're minimizing the number of forums here then I propose you merge General Discussion and News and Announcements into the one section (Remove the general section) to minimize clutter.

rocksfan13
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
The favicon next to my bookmark still has VBulletin.
The site Favicon shows Zelda.
How do i fix that?

Nicholas Steel
09-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Which are you using to access the site? http://armageddongames.net or http://www.armageddongames.net

rocksfan13
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
without the www

DarkDragon
09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
without the www

I think it just takes a while for your browser to erase its cache and re-fetch the favicon from the server. For instance at first my browser (Firefox) was displaying the Zelda favicon for the forums, but not for zeldaclassic.com, but after a few days showed the right icon for both.

DarkDragon
11-05-2011, 02:56 AM
I've heard reports that some people weren't receiving activation emails when registering on the forums; I've reconfigured the way AGN sends mail in a way that should make it less likely to get filtered as spam by ISPs. If you tried to register and haven't received an activation email, please send me a PM so that I can manually activate your account, and diagnose the problem.

rocksfan13
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Realy?

Shows just how much the registration form is working.....
Just sayin'.

Gleeok
11-18-2011, 12:02 AM
What happened to the more obscure captcha forms, such as "What is the name of this VG character from 1990?", or something similar that would require a google search at least?

I just went to the registration page and got a simple 20/4 = x.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?93973-New-Captcha-Idea

That happened. I tried to explain that they were actual people. Something seems to have changed since the forums went down awhile back and I posted on Facebook about it. We need to restore inability to post links until certain post count and inability to have links in sigs.

Link
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Attempting to add a quest comment produces an error:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/armaged/public_html/zeldaclassic/questcomment.php on line 3

Warning: require_once(global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/armaged/public_html/zeldaclassic/questcomment.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/armaged/public_html/zeldaclassic/questcomment.php on line 4