PDA

View Full Version : (RC2) Northbound sprite flips upside down in sideview.

King Aquamentus
07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Attempting to walk north in sideview gravity causes Link's Northbound sprite to flip vertically instead of horizontally.

On a side note: Is there any way to turn off the flip animation period, when walking up? (I want to use unique sprites for it.) If not, then this should be addressed too.

XMuppetSB
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
That's weird! I'm not seeing this glitch at all! Could you please post a test quest here?
And as for turning off the flip animation for when walking up, currently, there is no way to do this with Z1 Animation. Even though in the Link Sprite Boxes in ZQuest, the Z1 Animation shows the up swimming and up charging sprites using 2 frame animation, they actually use flip animation in Zelda Classic. To make Link's animation 2-frame without using flip for vertical movement, the developers would have to add a Game Boy Zelda Animation Style, which is not going to happen without a rewrite. So for now, we'll have to use BS Animation since it is 3 frame for all 4 cardinal directions.

King Aquamentus
07-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey XMuppet. I apologize, there's something very important I forgot to mention, but I didn't have much opportunity to post yesterday.

When selecting tiles for Sprites -> Link, you sometimes (on and off) have the option to flip the tile's use (much like how you can re-use the same tile for different combos, just in flipped and rotated states). The error most likely stems from this ability, as the option to do so only randomly is available in Sprites - Link anyways. (so, that needs to be looked at too. Sometimes you can do it, sometimes you can't.) Note that I did not select to have Link's northbound tile flip upside down. In fact, when the ability to flip usage does appear, that axis is unavailable. So in short, if you have this kind of flip on, it's running on the wrong axis in ZC.

For now, I've just turned it off and everything is fine. I'll try to put something to demonstrate when I get a chance.