PDA

View Full Version : 4th Quest Contest Entries

tlozNerd
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Do you know where I can find the other quest entries submitted for the 4th Quest Contest, besides the one that won it? I imagine they are available, but where?

Chris Miller
07-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's mine. I never got a chance to submit it because the internet died. >.>
It'll play on Zelda Classic RC1 or RC2.
http://callitaday.netfirms.com/4th.zip
Ehh...you might want to rename the quest file to something else.

tlozNerd
07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I tried that quest, but when I find and enter Level 8, all I get is a gray screen. Is this a quest glitch, or am I using the wrong version?

Chris Miller
07-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I tried that quest, but when I find and enter Level 8, all I get is a gray screen. Is this a quest glitch, or am I using the wrong version?

That is a glitch. I accidentally left the original Level 8 entrance from the 1st quest open. That's not the right entrance.
The real entrance is six screens straight north of there.

zcfan27330
07-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Where's Level 7? also can't get to those 2 rooms in the top left of level 6.

Chris Miller
07-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Where's Level 7? also can't get to those 2 rooms in the top left of level 6.

Level 7 is two screens west of where Level 3 was in the 1st quest. On those two rooms in Level 6, there's only one you have to worry about. From the room where you got the compass(has a black floor), go right, up, up past the vertical blocks, and left.

zcfan27330
07-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Did you forget to put enemies in level 9?
I cant seem to find the silver arrow? I've been in every known room but 2, but can't figure out a way to get to those 2 rooms on the right next to the blanks, where shutters close the way.

where is the blue ring?

Chris Miller
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Did you forget to put enemies in level 9?
I cant seem to find the silver arrow? I've been in every known room but 2, but can't figure out a way to get to those 2 rooms on the right next to the blanks, where shutters close the way.

where is the blue ring?

To get the silver arrows:
From the entrance, go up, up, left, up, right, and right and go through the passage.
Then go up, up, right, right, and up in the room with the push-block. Get the compass there if you haven't already, then go down, right through the wall, and up.

Also, there isn't a blue ring in the quest. Sadistic, yes?
But the red ring is in one of the top two middle rooms of Level 9.
And yes, Level 9 has a lack of enemies. Unfortunately my internet went out about the same time as I was working on it. There wasn't much point finishing it by the time the contest was over.

zcfan27330
07-10-2011, 11:27 PM
the second right has a one way shutter after the passage. I've tried pushing all 4 blocks to no avail.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/atariscores/zelda001.png

Chris Miller
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
the second right has a one way shutter after the passage. I've tried pushing all 4 blocks to no avail.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/atariscores/zelda001.png

Ah, crap. Some kinda bug I made. >.>
I fixed it. Just re-download and overwrite the quest file.