PDA

View Full Version : What video game do you recommend for a good story?

Casimira
06-27-2011, 04:02 AM
I like to play video games while my girlfriend watches, because she's not good at playing them herself. It's like an interactive movie. I've played the entire Zelda series for her, and Bioshock, and now we're working on Halflife 2.

I'm looking for a good single-player game that I can play while she watches. Graphics and story are more important than anything else. I have a PS2, Gamecube, and very good PC, and would prefer a game on the PC.

King Aquamentus
06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Just about any RPG is good, especially the Final Fantasy series.

Blanka
09-19-2013, 02:22 AM
1. Final Fantasy VIII
2. Breath Of Fire III
3. Dragon Quest 8
4. Radiata Stories

mrz84
09-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Dragon Quest 8, Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre

Aliem
09-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Final Fantasy IV, VI, and X. Radiata Stories. The Last Story. Xenogears/Xenosaga/Xenoblade. Ni No Kuni. Chrono Trigger. .hack//GU. Alan Wake. Any Persona game.

ShadowTiger
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I LOVED Tales of Symphonia. There's a point about 2/5 of the way through the game where there are no fewer than three major plot twists in a row. It jerks you around like crazy at that point. It's great.

All three Bioshocks are definitely great. The third one will leave you mystified to the point where you may need to go out to find an internet guide to "WTF Just happened?" and then you're all like "WHOAH, NO THEY DID NOT JUST. DAMN."

Baldur's Gate was kinda interesting in terms of plotline. But for a truly amazing setting, play Planescape: Torment. Now that is immersion.

Brasel
09-28-2013, 03:08 PM
The Uncharted series for PS3 has a great story. They had the perfect mesh of gameplay and cinematics that games like Metal Gear Solid were looking for. If you haven't played them, I highly recommend it.