PDA

View Full Version : [Official Public Release] Zelda Overture

SeraphinEveles
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
This is a mod i'd worked on for several weeks, learning all of the editing program by myself (for lack of internet). after weeks of programming, weeks more of bug testing from my beloved friends, and a few more weeks to get into my new place and get internet, i'm finally ready to release teh first public version, 1.3.1.

Essentials:
READ THE READ ME! - it tells you almost every change that was made to teh game.
Quest - it's essentially the original Zelda, with some modified enemies, and a TON of new items, teh inclusion of magic, and several more things, all listed in the README.
Graphics - it's basically a GBC tileset, that i found from warlock's mod.

the link to the .zip containing the .qst and readme is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jc34c95dfd3570h

it's also been submitted to teh database, and should be available from there soon.

if anyone has any questions/comments, please feel free to post back here!

King Aquamentus
05-26-2011, 06:50 PM
I might check it out tonight. *might*. Sounds a bit like New1st

captlagnaf
06-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Where is the first money bag

ms_zelda_lady
06-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been playing it for a few days. I love it!! It's definitely one I will play more than once. Sorry captlagnaf I don't remember where I found the money bag.

captlagnaf
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
The placement of the dungeons reminds me of the original. Anybody find the first sword upgrade or know the path for the first maze?

ms_zelda_lady
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I think that the first sword upgrade is in the same place as the original quest but to take the sword I think I needed 7 hearts. Sorry but I don't remember the maze.

captlagnaf
06-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I am almost finished but I am lacking a couple of items. I am missing the cross amulet to see the enemies around level 6 and the hook shot.

SeraphinEveles
06-10-2011, 08:40 PM
well, i'm glad a few of you are enjoying it. take a look in the FAQ for more info on where stuff is, and what you need for <3 requiring items.

Nicholas Steel
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Can you stop using the gibberish "teh"? (Intentionally not calling it a word.)

SeraphinEveles
06-27-2011, 11:35 PM
eh, sorry, it's a clause of typing too fast.

Lugna1988
07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I can't play. When I chose it appears "Error: Unable to open file". Is it because i'm using ZC v2.10?

SeraphinEveles
08-01-2011, 02:29 AM
it was built with the 1401 beta (v2.5). you WILL have to use that version (or possibly a later), in order to play.

SeraphinEveles
08-01-2011, 02:37 AM
incidentally, has anyone bothered to read the FAQ i made?

SeraphinEveles
09-10-2011, 01:43 AM
So, if anyone would care to enough, i could go for some feedback on this.

also, for lack of something better to do, I've started working on a Quest 2 version. (enhanced version of the original Quest 2)

DarkFlameWolf
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
any screenshots?

SeraphinEveles
09-15-2011, 05:21 AM
none yet, as it's still a work in production. however i found out something new that will be included in the release, and will likely be updated in overture. as for what, that's a surprise until the release.

what i can tell you, is it's coming along nicely. some things took me quite a bit of time to figure out (mostly warps in/out of castles), and I'm currently working on level 5. However, none of the custom items have been added in yet, at this point I'm just working on recreating the second quest. And then there's bug testing, etc etc.

The second quest will likely see it's release in approx. 2 weeks. At which time I'll start a new thread for it like i did with this one, so it's known publicly, and we can keep discussion to each mod separate (to prevent confusion).

SeraphinEveles
12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
just stopping back by, to mention i've updated this quest to version 1.4. a copy of it has also been submitted for the database.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzjvlemixew9psh