PDA

View Full Version : Souls of Wisom returning

New Journeys Fire
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
http://www.soulsofwisdom.com

Link to quest is broken, download here (http://www.soulsofwisdom.com/downloads/soulsofwisdom.qst) to download quest.

Grant here, it's been years since I last posted here, but I want to finally announce the return of my big project "Souls of Wisdom"

In the past I released several betas after betas with bug fixes. Now I am promising my most up to date version which is much more polished.

What I promise in this quest:

- This quest is huge: If anybody remembers this quest, there are so much world to explore. Promising between 10 to 20 hours of gameplay. The quest includes 11 levels and reintroduces the infamous Evil Realm similar to ALTTP.

- Nostalgia: The game is a remake of Zelda 1 in my image. The world is an advanced version of The Zelda 1 overworld which is designed to be similar, but remarkably different than it's original design. This is a brand new game, but enjoyably similar to the game you know and love. A brand new overworld similar to that of ALTTP and music used from various Zelda games make this a game you must play to relive the Zelda experience. This quest even uses a classic pre level format where you have to complete 3 levels before the real story begins, an element popular in the Zelda series.

Good format: The quest is built good with many fewer glitches than before. You'll feel right playing this quest.

Challenge: this quest can range from Easy to moderately challenging depending on how you play, with the option of building up your power right at the beginning you can make this quest easier than it is. Some elements in the game will prove to challenge many though, this includes encounters with the Death Knight where you are forced to find an escape plan from his unbearable powers. Other challenges include a swimming maze where you have to navigate with the lens of truth to prevent warping to the beginning, and the challenge of lighting the torches to reveal Ganon. These challenges are sure to test even experienced players.

The Death Knight: An infamous enemy introduced in Zeldaclassic and probably the scariest enemy in the program. He returns in Souls of Wisdom named as the Undead Deity, the Zombie form of the Fierce Deity who is controlled b'y Majora's Mask. You will encounter the death knight 3 times in the game, being forced to escape him the first two encounters. This unique element has confused players in the past to the point of quitting believing that they have to defeat him to proceed. Escaping him is thrilling and fun, a sure pleaser.

Secrets: this game is full of goodies.

Flaws: Some minor and sometimes even major glitches may be encountered for some plays which can effect a players journey, fixing these glitches is an ongoing battle because the quest is just so large, but with each one found, the better improved the quest will be. Also the quest uses a dated graphics pack based off the oracle series, but it is heavily remastered b'y myself to implement level designs that I needed.

Conclusion: I promise that this quest will be a memorable one that will never make you look at Zelda 1 the same way again. My update will finally be released on the database soon.

King Aquamentus
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
What ever happened to your old account?

New Journeys Fire
05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Abandoned it. It's been 5 years. Been working on this quest off and on since. Lol

ms_zelda_lady
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi Grant. I do remember Souls of Wisdom and I'm looking forward to playing your new quest.

New Journeys Fire
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.soulsofwisdom.com

captlagnaf
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
I have just started and finished level 1 but I don't have the ability to carry bombs. Where can I find this.

New Journeys Fire
06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
In Level 2. Try to find Ice Mountains.

Discussion for this game can be found at PureZC.com

captlagnaf
06-26-2011, 05:28 PM
I finally got the ladder and went to the underground caverns with and talked with the gut that lost the flippers. I have bombed everywhere in the caverns to find the flippers and having no luck. Where do I need to go next to find the flippers

New Journeys Fire
06-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Just bomb the wall outside of the cavern beside buddy's house. Remember where you entered the water temple in the dark world? The entrance is in the exact same place.

captlagnaf
06-27-2011, 04:22 AM
I have tried bombing everything in both worlds and I am still getting no where. I have bombed all the walls in the caverns leading to buddy's house and all the cliffs around buddy's house in both worlds. I hate to ask for a better hint but I am stuck until I get the flippers.

markermage
08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I seem to be stuck in the Water Temple (normal world version). I've gotten the flippers already. What I seem to be having a problem with is that I've found a door that I can't go through despite it being open. It's in the room just south east of the room with the flippers. I suspect the the water infront of the door has something to do with me being unable to enter it. Is there something that I'm supposed to do to make an area of land appear just south of that door, or is this some sort of glitch?

I have greatly enjoyed Souls of Wisdom up to this point and would like to continue enjoying it.

Colossal
08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
The problem with entering the door is caused by a bug in 2.5 RC2. You need to play the quest in Beta 18 (downloadable from soulsofwisdom.com). You can copy zc.sav over and continue on without losing progress.

eviljbrian
12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Stuck in water temple as well, but just read that the problem could be with the ZC 2.5 build. Gonna download build 18 and see if it helps any.

Also I'm making and putting vids of my playthrough on youtube if anyone is interested. So far it's been good with some challenges along the way.