PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS

Pineconn
04-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Anyone have it? I got it release day and have been enjoying it. Got some StreetPass notifications, too. I didn't own a DS, so I've been catching up on those games before buying my first 3DS game, OoT. The 3D effect is actually quite nice.

vegeta1215
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Nah, I haven't gotten one yet. I tried the Pilotwings demo at Best Buy for a few minutes and it was pretty neat, but it's far too expensive for me right now. I'll get one eventually I think, cause I really want to play the new Paper Mario game whenever that comes out.

I have mixed feelings about OoT 3D. I already have a couple versions of OoT (N64, Gamecube), but if the 3D effects make it worth my while, that might help me in my decision. However, I've seen a lot of screen shots of the game, and the revised character models are really turning me off (specifically the faces). They look really odd.

Now if they did the same for Majora's Mask, I don't think I'd hesitate to buy that. I love that game.

btw, I got Okamiden last month for the DS, and it's great. It's a must buy if you are a fan of Okami!

Orion
04-17-2011, 12:44 PM
I took a look at one at a kiosk, but as I think I mentioned before, the 3D effect doesn't work for me, so that selling point doesn't do anything for me. Right now, the price is too high, there are no games, and the unit is butt-ugly. OoT fascinates me, but not enough to buy a $250 handheld. I'll wait for a redesign, a price drop, and for the virtual console to take off, as well as a few good original games (the new mario game looks fascinating, but again, prob. not enough for an entirely new handheld).

Anthus
04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I have yet to even try one. I also have bad eyes, and two different prescriptions for my glasses so I'm curious if the effect will work. I am also waiting for a price drop, and a redesign since both are inevitable. The current line-up is not that great, at least, IMO. OoT 3D looks interesting, but we'll see. the new Paper Mario, and traditional Mario also seem neat. I'll be keeping an eye on those.