PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Hyrule - beta testers wanted

Jamian
03-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi there,

I just finished a custom quest and would like to have a few beta testers try it before I release it.

The goal will mainly be to find bugs and tell me whether certain parts can be improved (I'm not willing to redesign the whole thing, but I'm open to suggestions to fix passages that don't work as well as the rest).

Graphics-wise it is regular good old 8-bit Zelda action, no new monsters or items. The quest design, however, varies greatly from the original game.

Difficulty-wise, it is designed to steadily increase the difficulty as the quest progresses, but ultimately it should be beatable by any reasonably strong player. So this isn't one of those super-hard quests that some people here are so fond of making.

Let me know if you want to beta test it for me and I'll send you a link :)

Jamian
03-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Here's the link for anyone who wants to play it: (dead link)

I'd add it to the database but the malware warning page is preventing me from doing so... :)

Jamian
03-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Version 1.1 is out, at the same download location.
It is NOT backwards compatible! Do not replace your file if you are currently playing, or you will lose your progress. All changes are minor so don't sweat it.

I have made the following changes:
- Real map for level 2, by popular request
- Extra hint regarding level 5 (already given on the forum)
- Extra hint to find the blue ring (already given on the forum)
- Swapped locations for the magic wand and the magic book (this is why I have not made it backwards compatible, otherwise if you have already grabbed one of them you would miss the other one)
- Fixed a typo