PDA

View Full Version : _L_: What is the password for 1st quest, seriously

King Aquamentus
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM
I never could figure out why the default quests were ever encoded, but now it is causing a problem. I need to open 1st quest to do something with the map in 2.5, but I need a password. I can't use the version of 1st quest on Zeldaclassic.com, because that was way back in a different version where the combos were all listed totally different (and here everything just shows up black.)

On one more added note, ZC apparently no longer carries the "proposed" versions of these quests, that are unencoded.

So, yeah.

Also, someone move this to Beta discussion please. I thought I was in that forum already.

XMuppetSB
02-19-2011, 11:53 PM
In 2.10, the password to the 1st and 2nd quests used to be qiao ke li, but it seems the passwords for those quests have since been changed.
Similarly, the password for the 3rd quest used to be austin86, but has since been changed.
As for the password to the 4th quest, I'm not even gonna try to figure that one out either!
To be honest, it would be nice if we had unpassworded version of all four of the official quests.

King Aquamentus
02-20-2011, 04:01 PM
The problem is that when the proposed quests were being worked on, Those were the ZC user's unencoded versions of the quests, for them to work with. When the proposed quests were finished however, they replaced 1st, 2nd, etc. as we know them, and no alternative was provided. Due to this oversight, Nobody can get into 1st quest now.

XMuppetSB
02-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Well, either way, I still have the proposed versions of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quests.

King Aquamentus
02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I wonder how far along that is, though. I'm contemplating a submission to pure and ZC.com for other user's sake, but not if its incomplete. Besides which, I need _L_'s permission to do it anyway.

Gleeok
02-22-2011, 03:08 AM
You can get all the proposed quests by downloading a recent beta before they were removed, probably revision 1200 or so.

XMuppetSB
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
You can get all the proposed quests by downloading a recent beta before they were removed, probably revision 1200 or so.
However, there is no proposed 4th quest included with those packages, so would we have to ask HerofFire and QuestWizard for their proposed 4th files?

cbailey78
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Why were the proposed quests removed anyways? Newbies are gonna want to figure out how the quests are made. How the caves are made, how the shops are set up, and how to warp to another maps.

King Aquamentus
02-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Why were the proposed quests removed anyways? Newbies are gonna want to figure out how the quests are made. How the caves are made, how the shops are set up, and how to warp to another maps.

The proposed quests were the files being used to replace the existing quests. They were workshops for the developers trying to fix the quests. They also became the ZC user's "editable" versions of the quests. Except now, we have no editable version.

_L_
02-28-2011, 02:52 AM
I suppose I might as well let these secrets be revealed...

http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/examples/example_1st.qst
http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/examples/example_2nd.qst
http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/examples/example_3rd.qst
http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/examples/example_4th.qst

Din
02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Will these unlocked versions of the quests be bundled with 2.5?

King Aquamentus
03-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks _L_. This helps a lot.

cbailey78
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I suppose I might as well let these secrets be revealed...
Thanks, L! These will be a great example tools for newbies getting their hands on Zelda Classic!

King Aquamentus
06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
_L_ I don't think I properly thanked you for doing this. I thought I did, but... ah well. The thread is old, now, but I still have to do it.

Thanks _L_. Just this week some folks on PureZC were looking for unencoded versions too. I'm sure they appreciate your posting these as well.

Tamamo
06-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Are these the most recent quest? I've found some inconsistencies and want to make sure these are the same as the 1st and 2nd quest that are packaged with RC1.

King Aquamentus
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
If you have inconsistencies don't bring them up in this thread.

Tamamo
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
If you have inconsistencies don't bring them up in this thread.

I wasn't, I just wanna make sure that the one's I'm looking at are the same as the ones packaged with rc1.