PDA

View Full Version : multi core processors

tox_von
02-02-2011, 02:02 AM
does zc work with multicore processors and how do i get it working.
i can get it to run on win 7 netbook and a p4 XP system but not my x2 core xp system how do i get it running on this

Colossal
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
The only issue I've found that appears to be related to multicore CPUs is that ZC 2.10 was running more slowly than it should (maybe ~50fps), although I know of a fix for that. You should be able to get it to run the same way as on your p4 XP system. Do you mean to say that ZC is crashing on startup or something like that?

tox_von
02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
it crashes on startup. My problem may have to do with the xp version, it works on one with no sps but the one with sp2 it crashes, but i dont have the xp without sps any more, How do i check this and what do i do to stop it crashing, I couldn't find a faq anywhere that said this.

Colossal
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't know of any FAQ about crashing either, and it would be nice to have one. Your version of Windows is fine, don't worry about that.

These suggestions may be long shots, but...

fonts.dat, sfx,dat, qst.dat, zquest.dat, zelda.dat, and alleg42.dll should all be present. Are they? (I have heard of some files mysteriously disappearing, and that would cause a crash)
If running ZC from a shortcut, check the shortcut's properties and make sure the "start in" folder is set to ZC's folder.
If running fullscreen, try windowed, or vice versa. I posted how to run windowed in this thread. (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?46334-ZC-in-Windows-7)

If still not working, perhaps re-downloading may help. Otherwise, could you post what ZC version you're using? There's a chance allegro.log may be helpful too.