PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing A Link to Power?

kimeramon
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm stuck in dungeon 6. I've got the flippers and compass but no map. I can't find how to open the third room from the right. The one with 2 green wizards, top locked door and tons of crystal switch. I sent my blue boomerang in all possible angle available. Tried the magic wand and sword also.
With the flippers, I explored a little in water and when I unlocked a rock on water Link won't pass even when I dive. I found Level-8 but not seven.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You!

tox_von
01-23-2011, 02:27 AM
face down push boomerang then turn right before it releases it should go one down from link and about 10 right.
Are you using the correct version i didn't test it on 2,10 or 2.11

kimeramon
01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
It worked, thanks. I've been able to complete Level-6. I'm using version 2.11. I still haven't found level-7, but I'm exploring level-8. Pretty tough.

tox_von
01-25-2011, 03:44 AM
level 7 is in the water where the lock blocks are. They work on the version its made for.
but my quest isnt passworded you can just delete them in the editor if they dont work on other versions.

kimeramon
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I've been able to delete them in the editor but the real problem is that I can't go on them, so I can't dive in them. Do you think they will work with a more recent version other than v1.92 Beta183? Starting a brand new game would be painful but I'm willing to do it. Any suggestion or is there anyone playing this game with another version of ZC and having no problem?
Thanks to anyone replying.

northgate
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
how did you download it? :(

I'm stuck in dungeon 6. I've got the flippers and compass but no map. I can't find how to open the third room from the right. The one with 2 green wizards, top locked door and tons of crystal switch. I sent my blue boomerang in all possible angle available. Tried the magic wand and sword also.
With the flippers, I explored a little in water and when I unlocked a rock on water Link won't pass even when I dive. I found Level-8 but not seven.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You!

tox_von
01-26-2011, 12:37 AM
just make the tiles around them water or grass and go past them
and by editor i mean zquest a program where the other quests are downloaded

kimeramon
01-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I've been able to enter Level-7. After trying a lot of time, Link just went over the bubble and then entered. Can you tell me if I can enter more bubble that are located around the world?I'm using Windows Vista, and I'm trying to play using the version of ZC that you use to create A Link to Power 1.92b183. I always get the message Error loading 1st.qst: Internal error occured. Can't open any other quest also. So I think that I'm stuck with 2.10 or 2.11 ZC version. Maybe because I have Vista. I can't open any version of ZC without ZC Launcher.

tox_von
01-27-2011, 07:55 AM
i think you mean water rings you can dive in these there underwater stairs.

andnay
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Stuck in lvl 5, have hook and boomerang, found compass.
Missing map and bosskey.
Bombed nearly every tile i could, frustration level is very close to calling it quits.

tox_von
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
walk through wall where two blocks are. left one up 2 from boss key room. map is at the end of this path and boss key walk through wall south here.

andnay
02-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks, i got that but im giving up on this now.
Lvl 6 is so over the top frustratingly in your face difficult that it is simply not worth it.

After killing your way up through legions of "must kill all" rooms", including one with 10 dodongos who respawn, you face a room with NO LESS THAN FOUR wind-wizards, and A SINGLE LANE WAY to go, turning 3 times.

Then theres the fairyland upgrades.
After 87 or so tries i finally managed to kill the 4+10 dodongos with 28 bombs available (again,not a single failed bomb is allowed) and there was NO upgrade this time. I just dont know whats supposed to be that.

Awesome. If this is supposed to be any fun to play, i simply dont understand it. It feels like "guess the number, if you are wrong i will hit you in the face with a hammer". You need to guess the secret number 5 times in a row, and the hammer gets bigger every time.

Sorry, im out. Screw that game. Screw it to hell big time.
If i could give it a negative rating, i would.

tox_von
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
you dont have to kill the wind wizrobes just go around them.
the dodongo last upgrade is a mistake i can fix this in an update.
to kill dodongos bomb near them to stun them then hit them with a sword you get 4 bombs from them.
What would you suggest i do to balance the levels better im looking to make more updates and polish the game more.

rhy_boy1
02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
I've partly finished first deong and used all the keys where i shouldnt hgave...
Now only key i an get it from the 4 headed dragon -_-

Gotta kill ti with 3 hearts, best I can do it 1 head left... im fucked..

andnay
02-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Well, i would step down on wind-wizzards for one.
Its not about killing them, but that you have a lane that is 1 tile, so you can-not evade the wind if it comes at length.

4 of them in a room with no way to dodge is just cruel. Also theres a few instances of knights in 1-lane-rooms and you just have a hammer.

Also the kill-all-enemies-to-open-door with that flying flowerpots that can land in areas where you cant reach them...

viaujeff
03-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Hello tox_von,

Just to notice you that I've played your quest with Zelda Classic 2.10. Is it me or Zelda Classic version? I've found several missing links in level 4A-5A in POWERULE world. I cannot finish the quest because in level 5A, there a 4 stairs that their links are broken. Also, I cannot get compass and 1 key in Level 4A.

Are you going to fix all bugs? I've found a lot more too...

PS: These errors could occur because of Zelda Classic 2.10 but I really don't think so because the rest of the quest is almost working fine.

tox_von
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Its not passworded you can see if the quest is set up correctly in zquest.
Im trying to get a list of things to fix if people mention them i can do an update.

viaujeff
03-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I mentionned you that level 4 and 5 in powerule contain bad stair links... I cannot fix them because I know nothing about these levels structures.

tox_von
03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Where are the stairs?
Last i played these worked fine but i didn't test in versions other than 192b183.

viaujeff
03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
The stairs are located in the Level 5A when you bomb the triforce room. 1 is located near the 4 locked doors in the same room. Sorry, it's hard to explain :)

andnay
03-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Can i edit out the waterblocks (how do i do this?) and continue with my savegame?
I have little intention of doing everything all over, just because i cant pass one little tile...

tox_von
03-04-2011, 01:59 AM
When i looked at stairs in 2.5 beta stair links were wrong but not in 192b183. I did find one stairs that lead to nowhere at the end of a room where you can go up 3 ways but i was just going to put a key here so it shouldn't matter.

you dont need to edit water blocks just open the quest in zquest(in the same folder as zc) and put grass tiles around them.

andnay
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
The main question though is: will this edit affect the savegame?
Can i continue to play where i currently am after editing, or do i have to start a new game with the edited questfile?

tox_von
03-05-2011, 08:49 PM
i think the edit wont affect the savegame but you can make a backup of each.

andnay
03-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Can i not edit the savegame somehow?
Appearently changing the quest does not affect the save, which is sad, because i really dont want to do the first 6 levels all over again :glare:

tox_von
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
i think the answer is still put water tiles around the lock blocks and go around them(using zquest).