PDA

View Full Version : Running out of options with Vista and ZC

money_jarrod
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Hello, I'm new here, but I'm just going to get to the point. I have the Windows Vista OS, and from what all I've read, it is a big issue when running ZC. I can run Zquest with a package that includes a "zeldaw.exe" and "zquest." The version is "Zelda Classic v1.00 1.03mb"

I know it's old but it's only one of a couple where I can get zquest to run. People have recommended that I try 2.10, but it doesn't work at all. I can also get zquest to run under version 1337, I believe it is, but I can't run ZC, even with the launcher that comes with it. I can make my quests on zquest, but I can't test it out with ZC, which is what I want to do.
Usually I get and error that says "can't set video mode."

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Jamian
02-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey.

Have you tried using version 2.5 beta? It works for me on Vista (otherwise I have the same problems you are experiencing).

The only thing making me wary of building quests there is the introduction message telling me my quest may get corrupted :)

Have you tried using version 1.0 DOS, which you'd run through DosBox? I have yet to try that but it may work.

Jamian
02-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Just a heads up: the DosBox idea didn't work for me.

Do give a try to version 2.5 beta though :)

edit >> If you don't mind working in a small window, this also works with version 2.10 : create a shortcut for zquest-w.exe and another for zelda-w.exe, and add the following line to the target :

-windowed -res 640 480 big

kimeramon
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I have Windows Vista and I can't use ZC without ZCLauncher. I'm having no problem with version 2.11. Download "Build 1348 - windows" from http://shardstorm.com/. Extract the files in a folder and when you want to play, choose zlaunch-w. Also put your games in that same folder. I'm playing in full screen. From all the games I've tried, only A Link to Power gave me trouble with it's version made(1.92b183) sadly.