PDA

View Full Version : ZC in Windows 7?

HerFirefly
01-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Okay so I've looked high and low trying to get a .png or .jpg tileset for ALTTP and finally I gave up and decided I'm going to take the hard route and try to just use screen snips from the ZC thing. So I downloaded it and the tileset I'm going to attempt (read: cry for hours because I can't get the bloody thing to work) to use. I tried to fire up both of the applications that came in the downlod. Both take a couple of seconds then Windows claims that the programs have stopped working then they try to find the solution. After 'trying' for a couple of moments Windows just says 'Srew it' and gives you only one option, close the program. So my question is, how do i fix this? Or is there a .png or .jpg version of the tileset someplace? The ones I keep running into are from 4 Swords (I want ALTTP, not 4 Swords) or are files for this program.

Also, I've already tried running Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Colossal
01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I just recently started using ZC on Win 7 myself. I placed ZC in my documents folder and ran it windowed. I haven't had to use a single compatibility option this way.

In case you need help with the command to do so, here's an example you can use for a shortcut's target (For ZC 2.10 or 1.92):

[Path to ZC folder]\zelda-w.exe -windowed -res 512 448 big

Or for the 2.5 builds:

[Path to ZC folder]\zelda-w.exe -windowed -res 644 560 big2

For ZQuest:

[Path to ZC folder]\zquest-w.exe -windowed

If you are using 2.10, I have heard reports of colors not looking right if running fullscreen, which is why I am suggesting windowed.

If you are modifying the properties of a shortcut or start menu link, you only need to add the parameters, which begin with "-windowed", to the end of the target.

HerFirefly
01-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Didn't work... So... Now what's the procedure? :shakeno:

EDIT: Or I could try just adding spaces. It works now