PDA

View Full Version : Combos, Item Drop Sets, and scripts

symbiote01
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I have seen a couple of scripts now that simulate Item Drops when used (shovel, etc.) I was wondering if there was a way to utilize and/or manipulate the existing Item Drop sets in regards to combos?
I know the NPC drop sets can be changed via script (npc->ItemSet), but how does it work for combos? Slash combos aren't NPCs, are they?

Here's a more detailed question along the same lines:
Is it possible to make it so that when the 'flowers' combo on the screen uses CSet 2, it uses a 'Flowers, red' Item Drop set when slashed? When they use CSet 3, they use a 'Flowers, blue' Item Drop set instead? (Perhaps one includes the potential for Hearts and Rupees, the other Magic Jars and Rupees, or whatever).

I'm at the stage in my game now where this little minutiae is starting to become important.

Saffith
12-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I like the idea, but there isn't really a good way to do it. The best you can do is use a combo type that doesn't leave items and create them yourself in the script. A bit of work, but not really that hard: each new screen, check where all the flowers are, then recheck every frame to see if they're still there.