PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun - Dark Dawn

Cloral
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Just wondering if anybody else is interested in this / intending to pick it up? I remember what a big deal the first 2 Golden Sun games were around here back in the day. I played through the introductory area, and can say that thus far it feels like the old Golden Sun games, right down to the overly-wordy dialog.

Nicholas Steel
12-07-2010, 08:06 AM
The intro is cool but the story after the intro was incredibly corny/average. Haven't played past were you learn to use summons though as the game is really slow on Desmume >.>"

AtmaWeapon
12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm interested in it but my wishlist is pretty tight and so is my budget.

I played most of the way through the first Golden Sun and for some reason quit in one of the last few dungeons. I remember there being something I found frustrating about the game but it's been years. I have the 2nd Golden Sun and have never played it. (I bought them both at the same time with a big fat combined player's guide.)

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit in the 4 or 5 games I want *and* keep a 3DS in my budget. Trying times indeed.

Cloral
01-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Well, I finished the game today. I didn't think I was going to finish the game today, but I did. The game just kinda ends - like it did in the first Golden Sun. I had a feeling I was getting near the end as I had found all the Mars djinni, but I was thinking like, "okay, I'll go through this area, and then after fixing this I'll find out why the bad guys wanted this and then I'll find their base of operations and deal with them." Nope. Fix the problem, game is over. Of course the setup is so that you'll get the next Golden Sun game they put out in a year or two. But I'm not sure I will when the end felt so unsatisfying. They start the game by setting up all these problems, and then they pretty much ignore them until the ending. The whole game is a gigantic series of detours. Detours to go to some ancient ruins and pick up some new psynergy or activate some ancient machine. I mean, I like the basic game they've created with the djinn and the map-usable psynergy and what not. But for God's sake, somebody needs to take the pen away from these guys. Someone who knows how to write a compelling story without a ton of pointless filler.