PDA

View Full Version : Miro

SUCCESSOR
11-21-2010, 02:43 AM
I dunno if anyone here uses it, has heard of it, or have no idea but here is my advice: STEER CLEAR.

I heard about it, became interested, everything seemed legit, installed tried to use it and BAM! FUCKING VIRUS. Now it may e my bad for having my antivirus and antispyware shit disabled but I am still pissed off. Two malware programs started popping up bullshit errors and warnings. Phony critical hardware errors started assaulting my screen every minute I start to get really worried. I try to access my files and a whole lot of shit is already missing. My Documents (music,movies, games; ~100GB) Gone, Antivirus blocked, antispyware blocked, can't launch anything useful so i tried to reboot into safemode and my computer starts shutting off everytime I try to boot.

I thought a virus just fried my computer in less than 5 minutes. I finally wiped the drive. No chance to back up everything is just gone. I don't care if Miro is found to cure cancer and pays my cable bill I will never give it another shot.

BTW: I did not download anything with it. I barely got it up and _tried_ to add a subscription when shit starting going haywire.

Anthus
11-21-2010, 01:11 PM
This is the first I've heard of this program, and it is not a good first impression.

bigjoe
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
You can watch a lot of good stuff on Netflix instantly, and the basic membership is only 8$. For whatever you cant watch, the dvd plans pick up the slack and they are delivered pretty fast.

EDIT: boy that sounds advertisement like. Let me clarify that I was just offering an alternative to this Miro thing, which seems to be a video service.