PDA

View Full Version : Super Meat Boy!

Cloral
11-04-2010, 01:14 PM
This game is pretty fun. Many have described it as an 'old-school challenge'. I would have to disagree with this. Sure, the game is challenging, but not really in an old-school way. This is because while the game is hard, it is also very forgiving. Missed your jump and hit the buzz-saw? No problem - spawn back at the beginning of the stage and try it again, no penalty. In fact, the game seems to encourage multiple attempts at each stage, as upon completion the stage will replay all your attempts simultaneously. This can be really entertaining when you've got a dozen or more meat boys all trying to complete the level at once. The game also includes a bunch of nods to games of yesteryear in its warp zones, such as an atari-themed area and a gameboy-themed area. I even managed to get the game to 'glitch' once, sending me to world -1. Wish I knew how I did that so I could get back there...

Cloral
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
I just wanted to pop in here again to point out that the game is on sale until the 21st, when it will go up from $10 to $15. So if the game interests you (and it should, it's a lot of fun), you should probably look into picking it up sooner rather than later.