PDA

View Full Version : ZC Quest Editor Help

RedRussell
11-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I just got the DoR Tile set, and some of the tiles are not the color I want them to be. Is there a way I can change the color of the tile? ( I'm using 2.10 )

Also, some of the tiles move and I want to use them, but usually the top part of the tile is black. How can I change that?

Anthus
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Use "+" and "-" to cycle through a palette's c-sets, and you can use other colors.

As for your second question it sounds like you are trying to use a tile that has to be layered?

RedRussell
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Where are they? Do you mean the + and - on the keyboard, or are they on the ZC Quest editor? I tried the ones on the key board, but they don't work...

cbailey78
11-04-2010, 01:14 AM
the + and - is on the numeric keypad that works.

RedRussell
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh okay. Thanks so much.

RedRussell
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I have one more question. Some of the tiles I want to use have a black background, and when I press the + to change it, the background dosen't change to what i want it to. Any help?

Anthus
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
You'll need to set these tiles up on layers. The black portions are transparent, and will allow tiles to be placed under them. With layering, you will need a separate map. Setting them up is really easy though.

Go up to "Data" at the top of the screen and then, down to "Layers". If you have a 2.5 beta, go up to Screen-> Layers (or just hit F12 on the keyboard). Now, click on the "Auto" button below one of the six layers, and select the map you want to use for the layered tiles (NOTE: It can't be the same map you are making the screen on). Now, to draw them, click on the layer at the bottom of the screen editor (2.5 only) or use PgUp, and PgDn to toggle through the options at the bottom if you have small mode, or are using <2.5.

Notes on layering:

They will use the same palette as the rest of the screen.
Two tiles on the same layer cannot share space. If you want more tiles on the same space, they must be layered.
Layers 1 and 2 appear below Link.
Layers 3 and 4 appear above Link, but below flying enemies.
Layers 5 and 6 appear over everything.

I hope that helps.

RedRussell
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks! That helps so much.