PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Dreamscapes (DEMO)

Binx
10-21-2010, 01:21 AM
gOk, so I finally decided to get serious about making a quest, and i have a working demo available at :
http://www.mediafire.com/?jytvrdrd946oa0b

I must admit, I'm almost completely without imagination, when it comes to creating something new out of what's already available. And I haven't learned cutscenes, yet, so those're gonna have to be delayed till the final release, but at least you get a little preview:

The Legend of Zelda: Dreamscapes is part OoT remake and part sequel to both ALttP and OoT (adult timeline). Following his defeat at the hands of Link (see ALttP), Agahnim sets off to find a spell to destroy the young hero once and for all, and by a small fluke, transported himself back in time to just after Ganon had been originally sealed. With no clue how he had travelled back in time in the first plaece, and no way back home, Agahnim decided that he'd just have to kill this "Hero of Time" instead, then he'd be free to release Ganon and there would be no one to stand in his way. But, of course, being a villain, he can't just kill Link in his sleep like a normal person. He casts a spell to keep the hero asleep and in the dream world of the dark wizard's creation. And so, our hero awakes, a child, once more...

One more thing, i know it's not done yet, but I'd really like to thank Radien and everyone else who worked on the DoR Tileset and the numerous tutorials I finally read. I know it's not much now, but once I finish, this will be barely recognizable.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this quest uses 2.5 b142, so I'd recommend using that to play it.

Sherilyn Ball
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
gOk, so I finally decided to get serious about making a quest, and i have a working demo available at :
http://www.mediafire.com/?jytvrdrd946oa0b

I must admit, I'm almost completely without imagination, when it comes to creating something new out of what's already available. And I haven't learned cutscenes, yet, so those're gonna have to be delayed till the final release, but at least you get a little preview:

The Legend of Zelda: Dreamscapes is part OoT remake and part sequel to both ALttP and OoT (adult timeline). Following his defeat at the hands of Link (see ALttP), Agahnim sets off to find a spell to destroy the young hero once and for all, and by a small fluke, transported himself back in time to just after Ganon had been originally sealed. With no clue how he had travelled back in time in the first plaece, and no way back home, Agahnim decided that he'd just have to kill this "Hero of Time" instead, then he'd be free to release Ganon and there would be no one to stand in his way. But, of course, being a villain, he can't just kill Link in his sleep like a normal person. He casts a spell to keep the hero asleep and in the dream world of the dark wizard's creation. And so, our hero awakes, a child, once more...

One more thing, i know it's not done yet, but I'd really like to thank Radien and everyone else who worked on the DoR Tileset and the numerous tutorials I finally read. I know it's not much now, but once I finish, this will be barely recognizable.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this quest uses 2.5 b142, so I'd recommend using that to play it.

Ok. I bit and am trying your demo. Finished level 1 "the Deku with the mustashe" (cute). Went through the lost woods to a room with nothing in it and am stuck. what did I miss? I like it so far, like the graffics keep it up!

Binx
01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
lol, actually, that was it, I forgot to temporarily block the lost woods. Unfortunately, my laptop took a shit, so, it's going to be a bit delayed in its progression, came upon the newer betas, so some big changes to occur. THankfully, I also had everything backed up, so it's all good.

Oh, and the tileset is Dance of Rememberance by Radien. I had little to nothing to do with it. I only hope I remember my password...