PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

Anthus
10-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Are the forums going really, really slow for anyone else? Over the last week, I've not been able to make posts in some threads because it takes so long for the reply box to load, and sometimes, it won't load at all. The page won't time out, it just takes a millenia to load.

Is anyone else having this, or am I special? What should I do?

AtmaWeapon
10-18-2010, 07:25 PM
It's some kind of glitch in the glorious forums software. I'm pretty sure there's another thread about it I'm too lazy to find. My experience is if I click the buttons several times in a row, it works. Mercy mentioned a Quick Reply that seems to work but I can't seem to surface that feature.

Mercy
10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Try using the "Reply" button between "Edit Post" and "Reply with Quote" at the bottom of any post. "Reply to Thread", "Reply with Quote", and the "Edit Buttons" do not resolve for me but "Reply" seems to work every time. The thread about this is here (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?46008-Forum-problem.-(This-forum)).

-m.

Anthus
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Hitting "Reply" on the last post works best. I saw the other thread too shortly after posting this.

Oh, and us regular members don't have an "edit post" option on every post next to reply. :o

Mercy
10-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh, and us regular members don't have an "edit post" option on every post next to reply.
Oops, my bad. At least we have a working reply option.

I still have not heard if anyone is working on the problem yet. Time to make a phone call.

-m.

Nicholas Steel
10-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Just click "Reply to thread" 3 or so times to reply or, like said click "Reply" on any post, click it 3 times to quote.

"reply", if you look at your own posts, is positioned between "Edit" and "Reply With Quote" so one can assume it will be the left most option on other users posts.

Darth Marsden
10-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Reply to thread just doesn't work for me. Reply and Reply with Quote work fine though, and that's what I've been using. When I even post at all.

Chris Miller
10-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Reply to Thread works if I open it in a new tab.