PDA

View Full Version : gbs files

gray0x
10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Would it be possible to get any more support for using .gbs music files in ZC? The Enhanced Music thingy can't select the track for them.

I know it can use .nsf, and the music player can select the track on .gbs, shouldn't be too hard to do right?

XMuppetSB
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
The following non-MIDI formats are compatible with the enhanced music feature OGG, MP3, IT, XM, S3M, MOD, SPC, GYM, NSF, GBS, and VGM
Have you tried any of these other formats, other than MP3?

gray0x
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
That doesn't help at all~
I'll try to explain everything better I guess.

A .gbs file is pretty much the exact same thing as a .nsf file, except with music from Gameboy games instead of NES games. All the songs are on one file, and divided into different tracks.

In the Enhanced Music selection, you can load a .gbs in, but it will only play the first track of it; the track selection dropdown menu doesn't activate, even though it appears for .nsf files and the zc music player can select tracks for them.

What I'm asking is that the developers add/fix track selection support for .gbs in Enchanced Music.

XMuppetSB
10-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Have you tried looking up the other formats on Wikipedia, Lithium?

Saffith
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
It's not obvious why it isn't working already, but I'll try and figure it out.
XMSB, what are you talking about?

XMuppetSB
10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm talking about these types of files: OGG, IT XM, S3M, MOD, SPC, GYM, and VGM
I already know what MP3, NSF, and GBS are.

Nicholas Steel
10-15-2010, 01:09 AM
XMuppet, you misread the original poster GrayOx. You think he talked about MP3 support when he spoke about GBS support.

XMuppetSB
10-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I did not! I know exactly what he's talking about! I was just telling him that there are other formats other than MP3, NSF, or GBS! If you don't know anything about the other formats I listed, just look them up!

Nicholas Steel
10-16-2010, 03:14 AM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?46005-gbs-files&p=437486&viewfull=1#post437486

You specifically talked about only MP3, regardless of this he likely does not want to re-record the GBS files in another format especially since the other formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC etc. are all significantly bigger file size wise.

XMuppetSB
10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Look! I read his post clearly!:mad: I was just asking if formats other than NSF or GBS had multiple tracks in one file! I was not talking solely about MP3 files! Besides, MP3 files only have one track per file!

Ironfist
10-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I did not! I know exactly what he's talking about! I was just telling him that there are other formats other than MP3, NSF, or GBS! If you don't know anything about the other formats I listed, just look them up!

But he knows there are other files, He doesn't want the other files. He was asking for support on .gbs. Which you haven't helped on. He does not need a list of file formats that are compatible with ZC. He was saying that support for .gbs wasn't working, and asking for support. Not a list of file formats. You did not read his post clearly.

Also franpa, its "gray0x" not "GrayOx" ~

XMuppetSB
10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I'll state this more clearly. I read his post clearly and I know exactly what Lithium is talking about, but the problem is I do not have any GBS files on my computer, so I can't help him until I have the time to download a GBS file. However, I haven't tried any other formats either, so I'll have to try the GBS format and all the other formats I mentioned when I get the time, okay?

Saffith
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I see. The problem isn't that you can't select a track for gbs files; ZQuest just doesn't load the file if it's in a different directory. If you move it to the ZC directory temporarily, it should work.

Of course, that shouldn't be necessary. I don't think it should be too hard to make it check the quest directory as well as the game's.
Edit: As of 1319, it will do that.