PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Enemies Between 1.90 and 2.10

Cyclone
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Was there a change in some way in which enemies are where in the coding between 1.90 and 2.10? I am playing The Revenge 2 by PrinceMSC in 2.10, and I cannot believe he would place four rooms that each have two Patras of different types in them...that has to be a strange mistake? I'd open up 1.90 and try it there, but not sure if I'll be able to get that build working and cannot try it where it DOES work until I can hook that system up again...

If he did indeed place Patras in four rooms, each dealing two Hearts damage and leaving you the Wooden Sword to fight them with...he is evil. And I praised his first quest. *LOL* So far I've only played 2.10 quests; this is the first 1.90 quest I've tried, and if this is a bug with 1.90 quests in 2.10, it makes my playing the quest virtually impossible. On the other hand, if anyone else with 1.90 working wants to confirm Level 2 indeed has Patras all over the place, please do so. :)

Cyclone

(Before this gets moved...this is a question about ZC itself, not about the quest. But if anyone wants to poke around the quest in both versions and confirm my suspicions, please do. It'd be helpful to know this. And yes, I know things can be different between versions; I'm just trying to figure out if enemy arrays or whatever might affect this were changed. Also, I did e-mail PrinceMSC asking if he can update it to 2.10 format to fix any such issues; I'll wait and see what he says on that, if he gets it.)

DarkFlameWolf
10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I've played Revenge 2 on the Lost Isle Build with no problems.

Cyclone
10-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I'll have to try it there, then. Is it a Windows build? I can't run DOS-only on this laptop, which is why 1.90 doesn't work (1.92 betas as well, I believe).

On another note, DFW, I was thinking of downloading the Lost Isle quest. I've played both of Pineconn's quests (of which Link to the Heavens is simply EXCELLENT from a Zelda perspective) and was looking for a new challenge. I switched to The Nine Villages temporarily (looking promising in fact) but realize it'll take a long time, so will do it in sections. :)

UPDATE: All right, got my answer to this. It so happens that the Lost Isle build doesn't play The Revenge 2 properly. As soon as I started the game, went right, up...old man appears. When I went another screen right (I couldn't go up), the shop thing appeared. Exited immediately. I also did not like the screen size (which I was unable to make double-size).

Cyclone