PDA

View Full Version : Media Circus

Anthus
09-20-2010, 12:42 AM
This may be more suited for GB, but I'm not trying to bitch.. too much.

The facts:

Okay, so a house down the street from mine caught on fire.
The news shows up, about an hour after the ordeal is mostly over.
They talk to a few people -- Their conclusion is: "A Meth lab has blown up" at first.
They reality is; as my dad spoke with a fireman, they had a Tattoo parlor in the house, which exploded, and caught fire.
Now, the police, helicopter included, are circling, and looking for an arsonist.
The news reported the incident as "Suspected arson" or a "meth lab gone awry".

What's my point? The news is complete, and total bullshit. They report rumors, as fact, and call it "accurate". Right, so, what's new Anthus, what is your point?

Well.. my point is, it was always on of those things you hear people say, but, I guess they were right since I just witnessed the whole thing.

Disgusting.

jerome
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I used to live a few duplexes down from a meth lab back in high school. The order was meth lab, product distributor, tester, and then my place. They got really screwed extra over when they finally got busted because they were a half a block from the high school and the elementary school. Man we were all glad when they were gone. Tweaky the Tester next door would be vacuuming at 3 in the morning. Which is kind of bad, but she had started at 7 the night before.

Those must've been some killer tattoos. Friends of mine own two shops. Their places have never exploded, even when we had around $3,000 in fireworks stored in a back room one year for the 4th.

I'm with you on the news though, I think. My take is that I don't like it. It's always so negative, which is what sells. And the positve stuff either gets about 10 seconds of air time, or is over-fluffed to be annoying.