PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Earth?

Pineconn
09-11-2010, 11:26 PM
...The SE sub-forums have disappeared. Is it officially a dead project?

Beldaran
09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
AGN can't even get these forums to look or work properly. What makes you think they can make a video game?

gamex1
09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Even i would love to get see these forums back. Not sure what they contains but this would be great to find..

Mercy
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
AGN can't even get these forums to look or work properly. What makes you think they can make a video game?
Yeah, that style you put together for the forums is sooo much better than...wait, you did not submit a new style for the forums. What, exactly, have you contributed to the workings of the forums? All that time coding your video game must be distracting you. If I did not know better, I would think you were hatin' on our little dysfunctional corner of the universe.

I have not seen any posts asking for fixes or changes to the forums since we were having those log-in problems a while back. We talked about ways to deal with pseudo-spambots but none were really feasible. If there is something broken or wrong, speak up. Don't just snark to snark as that makes the baby Jesus cry.

-m.

Beldaran
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
What, exactly, have you contributed to the workings of the forums?

I was on staff for about 1 month and got de-modded for disagreeing with you and/or Breaker on some arbitrary topic.

All that time coding your video game must be distracting you.

AGN produces nothing and runs its forums poorly. The fact that I don't use my skills to save them does not change that reality.

North Korea is a shitty, worthless country. The fact that I don't move there and start a revolution does not change that reality.

Human_Wormbaby
10-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Ah, I remember SE. Good times playing it with my bro back in the day. It was buggy as hell though. I remember the first time I played it within 2 minutes I had managed to get stuck in some inescapable black void.

jerome
10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Don't just snark to snark as that makes the baby Jesus cry.

-m.
Hilarious!

I never did get to play this game. I kept hoping at one time it would come back up so that I could try it. But hackers suck, and they drove away people.

MottZilla
10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Hilarious!

I never did get to play this game. I kept hoping at one time it would come back up so that I could try it. But hackers suck, and they drove away people.

Hackers? SE went away cause people lost interest.

jerome
10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
OH. I just heard of the constant hacker attacks and noticed people dwindled away each time. I thought there was a direct connection.

Cloral
10-27-2010, 07:10 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the hackers never attacked SE. Just the forums here.

Huh. It still says 'SE Developer' in my profile text.

Nicholas Steel
10-28-2010, 08:49 AM
They work fine right now Beldaran, it's nly when the idiots attack the site that it goes down or if there is a crippling bug in the forum code/add-ons getting triggered.

MasterSwordUltima
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah, you guys have no idea how many times I tried to garner up interest in this again and again. I still have everything needed to run it, sans a dedicated server I'm willing to use [unless I get donations for my electricity bill afterwards]. So gather interest, show some ideas, etc, and maybe it will come up again.