PDA

View Full Version : An NES Inconsistency with grave combos

XMuppetSB
08-20-2010, 06:44 PM
In the NES game The Legend of Zelda, a grave that can be pushed can spawn Phantom Ghinis after it has been moved. In Zelda Classic, however, a grave that can be moved does nothing when touched even after it has been moved.
NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: Please disregard this thread until post-2.5, as most of the bugs in the NES Inconsistencies section have been deferred to post-2.5.

pkmnfrk
08-21-2010, 03:18 AM
:\ I do not recall this behaviour. Granted, while playing the actual game, I tend to immediately descend into the stairs. Is this confirmed in an actual copy of the game?

Also, even if it is confirmed, I have no idea how we would add a combo type to a combo after being pushed (except, maybe, with a script)

Imzogelmo
08-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Um, yeah, I can confirm this behavior.

pkmnfrk
08-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Hmm... I guess I'll throw together a script when I get a chance, and inject it into the first and second quests. The third and fourth shall not be fixed, since they're not broken.

Imzogelmo
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I have a fix for this if anyone is interested. It doesn't even require scripting.

1. Create a combo with a grave tile and none type.
2. Immediately after it in the combo page, create a combo with grave tile and grave type.
3. Replace the pushable combo in the graveyard with the first one above.
4. Place 2 Block Hole (Block->Next) flags: one above the pushable grave, and one below it.
5. Enjoy success!

EDIT: To be NES-compatible, use this new None-type grave combo as the combo on the upper left screen of the graveyard, the 2nd grave on the 2nd row, and also on the upper right screen of the graveyard, but the 3rd grave on the 2nd row. Both quests have those same 2 graves with no ghinis coming out of them until after it has been pushed, but of course only one is pushable in each quest. The trick above needs only to be done in each quest once, at the pushable grave.