PDA

View Full Version : Null enemies...

XMuppetSB
08-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't understand it! It seems that in older quests that were made before the guy enemy class was removed, null type enemies with sprites defined are fully visible, while in newer quests, they are invisible regardless of whether or not you select a sprite for them!

And this bit of info from the change log seems to be meaningless:

Seemingly fixed a bug where null enemies were being instantiated and not being put in the guy list... presumably causing a memory leak.
Because none of the null enemies in the enemy editor are even listed in the guy list! As a matter of fact, I think it would be better if we could at least edit the default guys in the guy list via the enemy editor.

Saffith
08-09-2010, 11:31 PM
L was referring to something internal there, not any enemies or lists that show up in ZQuest.

XMuppetSB
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Okay... to be honest, that line in the change log had me confused...
Anyway, in quests that I made before the removal of the Guy Class, None Type Enemies with tiles defined are visible. However, in new quests that I made after the removal of the Guy Class, those None Type enemies are invisible regardless of whether or not any tiles are defined for them. Either way, I can see why the Guy and Fairy classes were removed, seeing as they're still not implemented yet...

Saffith
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't think (none)-type enemies even spawn, I believe it just disregards them. If you just want an enemy that sits in one spot and doesn't do anything, that's Other.

Editing guys in the enemy editor shouldn't be hard to add. They have to be deliberately skipped, actually, since they're enemies. I don't really see the point of editing them, though.

XMuppetSB
08-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, if the ability to edit guys in the enemy editor were to be added, would we be able to create any additional guys for special rooms?
By the way, there's only one issue with enemies in the other and other (floating) classes... They can hurt Link and knock him back.
And remember how in older versions of ZC, the Trigger enemy could be used for events? Back then, if it was placed on a screen with the Boss flag applied, it would disappear if all the enemies on another screen with the boss flag applied are killed. Unfortunately, these properties of the Trigger enemy have been taken away completely due to it being a None type enemy.