PDA

View Full Version : Collateral Murder

MottZilla
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Anyone seen this? http://www.collateralmurder.com/

I was pointed to it while watching the recent news coverage on the leaked Afgan war papers. Curious if anyone else has watched it.

Beldaran
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
People are shocked that war is ugly and destructive.

Those "innocents" that were "murdered" were actually gunmen who had just finished attacking US Army positions.

Anyway, Reuters employees are probably commies and the rest of them were Muslims so it's not like anybody important died.

Starkist
07-28-2010, 08:54 PM
War is an abstract these days, like the War on Poverty or the War on Drugs. We like clean and sanitized wars, with heroic American soldiers blowing things up Michael Bay style, but without the messy death. The only people who should die are the Hitlers and the bin Ladens. War should only be rated PG-13.

SUCCESSOR
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
War should not exist. As if any of these countries actually pose a threat to us. It is murder. You rob people of their dignity and freedom and then run in and blow them up. Where did they get the weapons? They didn't grow them in farms. We rob them, we arm them, we kill them. Should be the new Veni Vidi Vici.

Beldaran
07-29-2010, 07:44 PM
As if any of these countries actually pose a threat to us.

http://www.world-military.net/IMG/jpg_wtc_9-11.jpg

bigjoe
07-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Whether or not that is the act of a 'country' is highly debatable.

Beldaran
07-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Well, we aren't in Afghanistan fighting "a country" either, so it fairly answers SUCCESSOR's ludicrous assertion.

rock_nog
07-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Beldaran, have you gone mental? SUCCESSOR has a fair point here. You want to bring up 9/11, fine, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that decades of imperialist foreign policies are what created the conditions for an event like 9/11 to happen. Yes, obviously the blame lies with the terrorists who committed it, I'm not going to deny that, but we did do much to create the climate which allowed such fanaticism to flourish.

Beldaran
07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Rock, I haven't gone mental and I basically agree with you. We have done everything possible to incite hatred and distrust from the world at large. The problem is, those people are irrational crazy psychos and so they respond as such.

It's like this: If I poke Jeffery Dahmer in the chest and tell him to screw off, then I'm definitely a jerk. But it doesn't give him the right to dismember my corpse.

The Muslims are totally at fault and are unjustified. They have shown themselves to be an unstable, dangerous, and destructive element of the human population, and the correct response is to exterminate them wholesale.

Anthus
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Bel, are you saying that EVERY Muslin is a phycho terrosist?

...Or just a small handful of them?

Anthus
07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Bel, are you saying that EVERY Muslin is a phycho terrorist?

...Or just a small handful of them?

Beldaran
07-31-2010, 01:05 AM
I meant the fundamentalist extremists who openly advocate and practice war against western civilization.

rock_nog
07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
I wasn't in any way defending or making excuses for their actions... My only point is that in the long term, the most important strategy is to stop doing shit that turns more of them into fundamentalist extremists. We can't just bomb all the fundamentalist extremists, because that will only invariably turn normal people into fundamentalist extremists (and don't act like if someone just started bombing your country, regardless of justification, you wouldn't just flip the fuck out and want to go start killing people).

Anthus
07-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh, ok. Yeah, they can GTFO the planet.

SUCCESSOR
07-31-2010, 08:54 PM

Oh that was certainly done by a Country. Not the one thats usually associated with it though. The twin towers and building whatever were demolished. Whether or not a Muslim was flying the the plane that struck either building is irrelevent. Explosives were set of in each building to cut the structural beams that support the buildings allowing them to collapse at near freefall. Because unless you believe in fairytales a Plane could not have taken down either buildings nor could a small fire carried over from them taken down the other building that I can't remember vwhat it was called.

Where are all the carbombs and kamekazis? where is all the terror we're supposed to fear? In Israel? Don't get me started on Israel.

I'm more afraid of bankers than Muslims.

(and don't act like if someone just started bombing your country, regardless of justification, you wouldn't just flip the fuck out and want to go start killing people).

See the nice picture of Twin Towers above and the Patriot Act.

Daarkseid
07-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Truthers, lol.

MottZilla
08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh that was certainly done by a Country. Not the one thats usually associated with it though. The twin towers and building whatever were demolished. Whether or not a Muslim was flying the the plane that struck either building is irrelevent. Explosives were set of in each building to cut the structural beams that support the buildings allowing them to collapse at near freefall. Because unless you believe in fairytales a Plane could not have taken down either buildings nor could a small fire carried over from them taken down the other building that I can't remember vwhat it was called.

Oh and with all your expertise in structural integrity and building skyscrapers you should know this. :rolleyes:

Funny enough when you crash a large object loaded with aviation fuel into a building, the fire tends to weaken the structure over time to eventually cause a failure in the support structures which then all that weight does what it normally does and drops and you see the result. It's not magic.

Beldaran
08-01-2010, 03:13 AM
We can't just bomb all the fundamentalist extremists, because that will only invariably turn normal people into fundamentalist extremists

I do not care. It doesn't bother how many people need to be killed. I am only interested in making sure they are killed.

rock_nog
08-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Well gee, I'm glad you're being pragmatic about the problem, Beldaran. I'd be such a crying shame if you let your bloodlust affect your judgment in any way.

Beldaran
08-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I have no desire to engage in violence, nor do I wish the nation to be involved in foreign wars. I greatly detest violence and conflict. However, there is no rational compromise to be made with jihadists. In order for civilization to continue, they must be exterminated and I would like to see this done as efficiently, brutally, and ruthlessly as possible.

You are the one letting your emotions cloud your judgment. Your irrational dedication to pacifism is the most direct route to slavery and destruction for a society.

Anthus
08-02-2010, 01:15 AM
I have no desire to engage in violence, nor do I wish the nation to be involved in foreign wars. I greatly detest violence and conflict. However, there is no rational compromise to be made with jihadists. In order for civilization to continue, they must be exterminated and I would like to see this done as efficiently, brutally, and ruthlessly as possible.

You are the one letting your emotions cloud your judgment. Your irrational dedication to pacifism is the most direct route to slavery and destruction for a society.

Though I agree with your idea here, it is idealistic to assume all the big, bad, evil people can be killed speaky clean-style, without the bloodshed of cilivilians; and this is what makes people kinda pussy out about wiping the floor with them.

Everyone wants the world a certain way, but no one except these "extremists" here, are ballsy enough to try... I guess that's why they're extremists, and not rationalists... bad joke... Oh well.

Unfortunately, war is ugly, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Lol, look at us younger people being all badass and callous about the slaughter of millions. People are ugly.

rock_nog
08-02-2010, 10:06 AM
What the hell are you talking about, Beldaran? If I let my emotions take over, I'd be on your side. How the hell am I being irrational? Yeah, how illogical, saying that mass genocide isn't realistically feasible. Are you seriously so friggin' crazy that you think it'd work?

Anthus
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I think he is saying that crazies can't be reasoned with, so just kill them, though I agree completely, it is just not possible without the death of innocent people. Regardless of what you think about any of it, this is a fact, and it is one that people don't want to deal with.

Beldaran
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
How the hell am I being irrational?

Please describe how we ought to peacefully deal with Al Qaeda.

SUCCESSOR
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh and with all your expertise in structural integrity and building skyscrapers you should know this. :rolleyes:

Funny enough when you crash a large object loaded with aviation fuel into a building, the fire tends to weaken the structure over time to eventually cause a failure in the support structures which then all that weight does what it normally does and drops and you see the result. It's not magic.

With all your lack of expertise you just except whatever anyone tells you?

Yes a fire might weaken a structure and may possibly lead to the "pancake" effect so often discribed but you don't see that in the videos of it collapsing. That effect would take much more time than the near freefall that is clearly seen in all footage.

rock_nog
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Please describe how we ought to peacefully deal with Al Qaeda.
I never said anything about peacefully dealing with them. You seem to think that if you drop enough bombs, the problem will go away. You don't deal with Al Qaeda directly - you cut off their supply of converts. Without new converts, the cult will die off.

Anthus
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Since we all seem to be politicians, military experts, and architects who designed the WTC, why don't we fight the war, guys? Come on, lets hold hands, and believe!

Oh wait. This is the real world.

SUCCESSOR
08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Since we all seem to be politicians, military experts, and architects who designed the WTC, why don't we fight the war, guys? Come on, lets hold hands, and believe!

Oh wait. This is the real world.

Apathy in motion.

AtmaWeapon
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Obamacare that blew up the twin towers.

Mercy
08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Everyone is going to play nice in this thread, right?

War.., war never changes. No, that's not what I meant. War is hell. Yeah, that's it. It is ugly and terrible and should be that way because it is also necessary at times and should not be entered into lightly.

By the by, is 9/11 the new corollary to Godwin's Law?

-m.

Anthus
08-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Apathy in motion.

I'm not apathetic about it, I just know that we won't really do anything personally. No disrespect to those members who have (and good for you, seriously), but I don't see anyone jumping the line to join the army. I don't see anyone really trying to do anything. All opinions are just opinions, and nothing else, unless they have the actions behind them. No one really knows what really goes on behind closed doors.

Anyone can say the world should be a certain way, but very few have the balls to try and change it. I mean everyone who's tried before got pwned. Look at Hitler. It seems that now our enemy is not only one nation, but a group of people transcending several nations. This kinda changes things since we, oddly enough, have rules for warfare, and killing on a massive scale. We can't break those rules so easily, cause after all, we wouldn't want it to lead to anything unsavory.

I'm not going to say "Oh wait" again, as I've done it twice in the last three days, but you get it.
\
EDIT: Okay, so technically, WWII was a group transcending several nations, but for the most part, the world could unite against the common enemy since none of those nations really wanted to be part of that group, save for a few.

Mercy
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyone can say the world should be a certain way, but very few have the balls to try and change it. I mean everyone who's tried before got pwned. Look at Hitler. It seems that now our enemy is not only one nation, but a group of people transcending several nations. This kinda changes things since we, oddly enough, have rules for warfare, and killing on a massive scale. We can't break those rules so easily, cause after all, we wouldn't want it to lead to anything unsavory.
Can I throw in Ghandi? I get what you say, Anthus. Rules for warfare just seems so..oxymoronic and maybe that is the problem.

-m.

slicegan2
08-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Apache helicopters like this one attacked and killed about a dozenpeople in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad. Apaches are equipped with Hellfire missiles, and with 30-mm machine guns, which are armed with shells used to penetrate thick armor-plating. Two children were also wounded.
==============

chairs (http://armageddongames.net/) | office chairs (http://armageddongames.net/)

Anthus
08-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Apache helicopters like this one attacked and killed about a dozenpeople in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad. Apaches are equipped with Hellfire missiles, and with 30-mm machine guns, which are armed with shells used to penetrate thick armor-plating. Two children were also wounded.
==============

chairs (http://www.officechairsuk.com) | office chairs (http://www.officechairsuk.com/office_chairs.html)

Dude, those are some sweet-ass chairs. Your point is interesting too. Maybe our helicopters should fire gum balls and care bears to show our enemies that we're not really trying to hurt them, but that war should be friendly.

Disclaimer: I know this is a bot.