PDA

View Full Version : Li Build Zquest released!

DarkFlameWolf
07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Its been a long time coming, I know, but here is the Zquest build that SHOULD have accompanied the LI Build for Lost Isle and Origin releases. It is a stable 2.11, beta 256. So as such, it has most features such as an enemy editor, subscreen editor, ffc combos, and some scripting capability. It plays all older quests just fine on it and no real continue bugs I've noticed when playing mine or any other quests on it. So enjoy.

Note: To get it to work, try putting another 2.11 zquest.txt and zquest.dat file in the folder with the .exe and you should be just fine in getting it to work. Enjoy everyone!

http://www.sephiroth.ws/ZC/Lost-Isle-Build-ZQuest.zip

cbailey78
07-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Hi, I am getting an error message saying "This application has failed to start because alleg42_crt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." What's going on? Do you have alleg42_crt.dll that I need. I'm itching to try out your Zquest you have released!

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm pretty sure if you ask around or look on the internet, you should be able to find that file easily enough.

Dark Nation
07-23-2010, 08:02 AM
If there is an alleg42.dll file there, copy it to alleg42_crt.dll and see if that fixes the problem.

Nicholas Steel
07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
If there is an alleg42.dll file there, rename it to alleg42_crt.dll and see if that fixes the problem.

I think that's what he means.

Dark Nation
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I actually meant copy here. :) If, for some reason (not sure why this would be, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility), ZC needs alleg42.dll and ZQ needs alleg42_crt.dll, then a copy is the way to go. Go ahead and try a rename and if that breaks ZC, then copy it back to its original name (so that you have both).

DarkFlameWolf
08-07-2010, 09:36 AM
We are also discussing at PureZC in this thread: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46484 if we should actually make the LI Build an official build release. Now that both player and zquest has been made public. The reasons why are stated in the thread. Discuss.

Dark Nation
08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Interesting suggestion. I, personally, have no objections. So, fix the Linux sound issue and call it 2.2?

SpykStorm
08-22-2010, 12:21 PM
So, what's the status on this? I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

sandy12
09-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Many features have been added in the past few years. Now, instead of being merely a Legend of Zelda Clone, Zelda Classic has become so much more. With ZQuest, Zelda Classic's Quest Creator, anyone can make their very own quest from scratch, and now, with all of the features that have been added in the past years, the possibilities are virtually endless for the style of quest you can make. If you can imagine it, you can create it (provided it's in 8-bit color). Quests have grown larger and longer, into seemingly epic games, that can take days, if not weeks to complete. With ZQuest, you can create your own original graphics, or import them from any game you like. In the past we've seen ZC versions of LEXX, (many versions of) Mega Man, Metroid and Super Mario Brothers, all in the classic quest style. As well as hundreds upon hundreds of first rate custom Zelda Quests.

Halpern (http://www.louishalpern.com/)

DarkFlameWolf
09-03-2010, 03:52 PM
um...spam bot? Sounds like an advertisement aimed at the wrong people. You're really preaching to the choir here.