PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Archangel
07-17-2010, 01:23 AM
"Release Date, July 27, 2010 Reserve yours today..." Blizzard

I've waited 12 Long Years for this... Hell it's about time am I right. When I played the original I knew their would be a sequel one day just never realized it would take a decade to come to fruition. I really enjoyed Starcraft and even more so the Expansion pack. I'm hoping great things from one of the most successful Video Game Companies in the world. I've already reserved my copy of Collectors Edition and plan to buy the entire Trilogy. Who else here has followed this games development and what did you like about the original game?

Masamune
07-17-2010, 01:31 AM
I've been playing the beta non-stop. It kicks ass.

Nicholas Steel
07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm hyped, the company has more then enough money to keep it well supported for many years (like they still support Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1) due to WoW. Probably the only good thing thats come from a MMORPG.

bigjoe
07-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I am getting this as soon as I can after launch. I recently(and finally) beat Brood War as preparation for the campaign. I hope the campaign is as good as it should be.

Masamune
07-20-2010, 03:30 PM
apparently the campaign is being released in 3 different parts. wings of liberty being the terran campaign, then the zerg and toss campaigns. i play mostly for ladder though.

bigjoe
07-24-2010, 08:25 PM
One thing I've noticed is that the characters look.. reimagined. Scenes from the original game are shown, and in these scenes, the characters look a lot different than their original portraits. I'll reserve my opinion on whether or not that makes it better or worse until I play it.

MottZilla
07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm not hyped about SC2. But I'll likely buy it and play it a good bit. I put a fair amount of time into WarCraft 2, StarCraft, and WarCraft 3. Probably more time than I should have.

Ganon's Minion
07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Buying it tomorrow - release date. I haven't bothered to play the Beta, because frankly, I just want the whole experience at once with no holds barred. Super pumped for it.

Thunderbird
07-28-2010, 02:42 AM
I just looked at the system requirements...I have a 1.7GHz dual core AMD processor, with an onboard ATI card (256MB allocated). Memory's more than enough, but with the video card requirement, I'm not sure if it'll actually run well on my system. Guess I wait for a demo, if Blizzard ever chooses to provide one.

Nicholas Steel
07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
You'll probably need a video card with shader 2.0 or higher support which lots of integrated solutions tend to lack.

MottZilla
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I just looked at the system requirements...I have a 1.7GHz dual core AMD processor, with an onboard ATI card (256MB allocated). Memory's more than enough, but with the video card requirement, I'm not sure if it'll actually run well on my system. Guess I wait for a demo, if Blizzard ever chooses to provide one.

You can get a "trial" code from someone that has bought the game that will enable you to play for 7 hours over a 14 day peroid. That would allow you to test how well it runs. Also you could probably just download and install the client and the installer might tell you if your system isn't up to the task. Although if you have a on board type card you really should get a real video card. The box says minimum you should have a 128MB PCIe Geforce 6600GT or Radeon 9800 PRO.

Masamune
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
For reference, I'm running it on a laptop that uses an onboard mobile radeon HD 3650. runs fine when I turn the shaders off and use medium settings.

Nicholas Steel
07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
I've been playing the campaign and I have to say, it's bloody brilliant. The online system is also pretty nifty and seamless.

gdorf
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I am about halfway through the campaign. So far, the game is extremely polished -- I really commend Blizzard for the time they put into the presentation of this game. However, it feels a little derivative. I guess I expect Blizzard to raise the bar and try new things -- this game feels just like an overhauled version of Starcraft. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but I would have preferred something akin to the changes from Wc2->Wc3 with a little more innovation in game play.

I'll play through the campaigns and enjoy them and I'll try to play multiplayer and get owned -- thats how it usually works, anyway. :shrug:

MottZilla
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Don't forget about the custom user made maps and scenarios that will be coming out endlessly for years. Though as I'm near the end of the Campaign it just makes me really want to see the 2nd and 3rd campaigns that much more.

Masamune
08-03-2010, 02:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6U4SI0O6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjuf7DELz9s&feature=related

cool shit

Nicholas Steel
08-03-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm near at the end of the campaign (haven't finished it yet) and am pretty disappointed at the lack of infiltration missions (ones that lack a base). There was I think 1 such mission involving Zeratul but that's all.

MottZilla
08-03-2010, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6U4SI0O6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjuf7DELz9s&feature=related

cool shit

Definitely looks cool. It seems and I hope its so that StarCraft 2 is even more customizable than WarCraft 3.

Masamune
08-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Definitely. One of the big things about SC1 was the highly (at the time) scriptable map editor. Then wc3 came along and blew that out of the water, and now we're already seeing 3rd person and RPG style map demos. Iirc, there were some primitive fps maps in wc3, but they were laggy, awkward, and not that great.

Masamune
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Btw, I'm in Diamond League now.