PDA

View Full Version : So, we meet again.... >_>

Blonde799
06-29-2010, 12:47 AM
*ahem*

Hello. :)

There's only one reason I've decided to post here, after 5+ years.

I got a birthday notification. LMAO I'm old. :(

But, someone actually sent me a well wishing... Which I'm very happy about. :)

So, uh... I see things haven't changed much. There's still the various hives of scum and villainy. The GBing. And Lilith.

So where's all da homies at? I remember a lot of people here.

biggiy(?), Masamune, Cloral, AtmaWeapon, Anthony and moocow were pretty cool.

DarkDragon was an ass. XD

Dark Nation was a beast. :)

Didn't Master Ghaleon rule the world at some point?

And Darth Cronic? That was a cool name. :D I think he smoked too much though. XD

And what happened to Glenwhatshisface?

And I remember someone named Mercy... though I have no idea why.

And Brit-whatchamacallit? I think he went under a new name, shadow-something. =p

And what's up with ZC? What's all that scripting BS about? WTF? Why you guys screwing up my childhood? XD Seriously though, I don't see the point to it, but whatever.

Though I have a feeling I could just look around, I don't feel like it. This place looks too new now. I gotta take things slowly.

Pineconn
07-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Heh heh. It's good to see old faces come around again. Oh, and the scripting in ZC is completely useful. Look around; it moves the quests into the ~1994 era. :p

Oh, and the forums are super slow now. It's kinda sad, really...

Blonde799
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I mean, I can see how it would improve ZC and all. But I just looked at the scripting syntax, and I'm like "Man, just give these guys Allegro and Visual C++ and have at it!" lol

Have you guys ever thought about trying to get ZC games onto the Xbox 360? This gives me an idea. :)

moocow
07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm here. Sometimes.

Masamune
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I pop in now and again. Where's your life taken you, dude?

Beldaran
07-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I wonder if we all secretly check the forums fairly often, but it's like an old marriage where there's no reason to say anything because after 10 years we've already heard everything everyone's got to say.

Starkist
07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I wonder if we all secretly check the forums fairly often, but it's like an old marriage where there's no reason to say anything because after 10 years we've already heard everything everyone's got to say.

Pretty much.

bigjoe
07-06-2010, 04:24 AM
I have absolutely no recollection of you whatsoever. :D

Joe123
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I mean, I can see how it would improve ZC and all. But I just looked at the scripting syntax, and I'm like "Man, just give these guys Allegro and Visual C++ and have at it!" lolThe learning curve for ZScript and for making a game as complex as you could with ZC+ZScript in C++ with allegro from scratch don't really equate at all.

Have you guys ever thought about trying to get ZC games onto the Xbox 360? This gives me an idea. :)People suggest porting ZC to platforms fairly regularly, I don't think Allegro's ported to any of them though.

Mercy
07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Have you guys ever thought about trying to get ZC games onto the Xbox 360? This gives me an idea. :)
Am I missing some copyright loopholes or does this fall under the category of things we are not supposed to talk about on the forums?

I miss rhetoric.

-m.

bigjoe
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh wait... Clueless Blonde?

... I kid, I know who you are.. I just.. didn't.. interact with you much >_>

Daarkseid
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Am I missing some copyright loopholes or does this fall under the category of things we are not supposed to talk about on the forums?

I miss rhetoric.

-m.

Discussion on that stuff is fine, its posting links to copyrighted files(roms, mp3s, etc.) or links to websites that supply those files, that is still forbidden.

Orion
07-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm approaching 10 years this fall. Crazy.

Ugh. Why do I still associate with you people? :P

Mitsukara
07-14-2010, 01:23 AM
*raises hand*

I don't check often... I check every few-to-several months/annually... do I get a cookie?

*goes back to hiding in her turtleshell*

Master Ghaleon
07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Didn't Master Ghaleon rule the world at some point?

You have awaken me from my slumber. So hello there ;)

The_Amaster
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I still check in every week or so, just to see if there's something interesting. Too many memories for me to just leave this place

LORD APOCALYPSE
08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Chuckle, must be that time again.

Decided to swing by and see what was happening, and i was greeted with.....WHITE! I remember when the forums were that bluey colour. ;)

Good to see the old names still kicking around. This was the first forum i ever joined, have some amusing memories of this place. I'll no doubt drop in this time next year again.

:)

deathbyhokie
08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Pretty much.

Plus the wives/girlfreinds, adult jobs, and the like.

And that dammed maturity reminding me that my opinion isn't really that important.

gamex1
09-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Really great to see that there are many who are still over this forum since years.

Even i would love to enjoy visiting this forum for years and years.

Wishing long life to AG forum..

hellebeest
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey yall,

pretty much remember all the people who replied to this topic :D
Just like my sign says "I'll be back" AG Forums are embedded deep within my brains,
one of the first forums I visited since I had internet.
You'll never know when I visit though, but neither do I :sly:

Blonde799
09-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi Jennifer! :) I remember you being adorable. =p

And Daarkseid is L now. lol Love me some Death Note.

I pop in now and again. Where's your life taken you, dude?
To hell and back. =p Learned good lessons, bad lessons and realized humanity FTL.

The learning curve for ZScript and for making a game as complex as you could with ZC+ZScript in C++ with allegro from scratch don't really equate at all.
People suggest porting ZC to platforms fairly regularly, I don't think Allegro's ported to any of them though.

It looks C-like. ZScript looks even more complex than Game Maker's GML to me :/

Obviously we can't go picture perfect with porting quests, Microsoft pulls infringing games off their marketplace(as we've seen with the game LOLcats, which was just full of internet cat pics).

I'm using C# with XNA to crank something out. Loved using Zelda Classic for years, but I can't stand to use it now. :(

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8595/hqgame087.png

I'm making an adventure game. Using the Christmas Link sprites I made as a placeholder for the main character.
(pic should be fine, since there's no illegal stuff in it except a resemblance to Link)

AGN was one of the few places I first visited, and using Zelda Classic sans scripting back then was a joy. :)