PDA

View Full Version : Tracker/ Alternate Music. What actually works?

Anthus
06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Okay, I've only ever tried to use the tracker music feature a few times, and every time, it just doesn't work. I'm using 1266 now, and I was wondering if it works (Okay, kind of a bad way to put it, but I just can't get it to work) and how you use it. From what I understand, the mp3 has to be in the same folder as the quest, and all that. Now, I know you can use other formats as well, but I don't have a program that converts them, and all the ones I've seen are either shitty trials (like, only the first 30 seconds of a file), or really expensive. I would torrent it, but that's not really an option here since my internet is really slow, and uTorrent will actually "stop" the internet. I get like, 120 kb/s at most here.

Thanks.

EDIT: Any one know if this converter is any good?
http://www.wmatomp3-converter.com/mp3-wav-converter.html

Zelda_Warrior
07-07-2010, 03:16 AM
what seems to be the problem? does it work with say.. a native .mp3?
There's so many mp3 converters out there it's insane. So it might take some searching to find a functional one that is free.
And, utorrent won't lag the internet as bad if you tweak it. Google 'utorrent tweaks' and you should be good.
I did use standard .mp3 in 2.10.2. The special music function works there. as for the new versions, i also had it working there, but so many versions exist now, it's quite hard to find out which ones it was confirmed to work in.

-------------------

No mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know if .s3m and .xm are supported?