PDA

View Full Version : [1256-???] ZQuest Lagging Like Crazy Most of the Time

Questwizard88
05-23-2010, 06:42 PM
For some reason, ZQ has been occasionally lagging horribly here lately. I get about 20-33fps on the main screen, unless the mouse is held down, which causes it to go up to about 40-54. Small mode or windowed vs. fullscreen makes absolutely no difference. I've tried quite a few recent builds, and they all lag about 75% of the time. I also updated the video drivers and it still lags. No viruses or anything like that. Build 357 is the latest I've tried that doesn't seem to do it so far. I'm going to keep trying later builds and see if I can pinpoint which one started it, as I can't remember for sure, but I think it was somewhere around 800 or so.

Nicholas Steel
05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Disable Vsync, Zquest is likely cutting the framerate down to a rate that sync can be maintained at.

Gleeok
05-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Are there any definite options you can set to make it run faster? If so can you post the results? ..Also is this from just opening a new default quest template (For testing consistency) .. and is this from just idling the main screen?

(I need to know all of these so I can profile partial regions of code, as otherwise I get not so satisfying results).

Questwizard88
05-24-2010, 05:46 AM
VSync and other options don't seem to make any difference either. I get it closer to 33 or so when on a blank screen of combo 0, and it drops down in the 20s as soon as i put any other combo down. Does it on new quest or when one is opened. Grid is off, combo brush is off, tooltips are off. Don't see any obvious reason why its doing it yet.. The computer's more than fast enough to handle it.

Dark Nation
05-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Is invalid static on or off?

Sephiroth
05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I am getting a constant 50/60 FPS on my system, ... that is until I left-click and hold the mouse button on the combo selector, then during the hold, FPS shoots up to 60 like it should be.

vsync makes no difference.

http://www.sephiroth.ws/stuff/screens/ZQuest_-_%5bLoZ-Unnamed.qst%5d-2010-05-24_07.25.37.png

Questwizard88
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I figured it out. It seems ZQ no longer likes using the Timidity++ Windows driver. I switched back to the horrible GS Wavetable Synth and it runs full speed every time. That's weird. Older betas work just fine with Timidity++.

Its also odd because the player still gets 1500+ fps using Timidity++ for MIDI, just like it always has with the limiter off.

Dark Nation
08-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Is this happening in 1296?

Majora
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Using the Timidity driver too. Switching to GS gave me 60 FPS. Switching back to Timidity made ZQuest break graphically. The window frame is there but it's blank on the inside. Whatever was behind it previously is there instead. i.e. as if the window was see-through. Stuff still happens. ZQuest is responsive, just no graphics.