PDA

View Full Version : Does ZC get worked on anymore?

Michaelk88
05-22-2010, 11:19 AM
If it doesn't, I don't see why it shouldn't be open sourced so someone else can pick up where you left off.

Nathaniel
05-22-2010, 01:44 PM
This is a discussion that has been brought up before, and like the previous times, I don't expect it to go anywhere beyond what it did before: nowhere. The creator, Phantom Menace, as far as I understand, was never interested in having it open sourced. The developers must abide by the wishes of the creator, and they respect his wishes, regardless of whether they think it should be or not. If the creator doesn't want it, then that pretty much says how it is, no matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks.

Nicholas Steel
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
It's still being worked on, usually updates are posted at least once a week @ http://shardstorm.com/. The development and beta discussion takes place over here http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?25-ZC-Development

basujunera0310
06-05-2010, 01:57 PM
come on dude ...

its works .....

yes , its still works ....

i am working with the update .....

try right now ...............:p

Nathaniel
06-06-2010, 10:54 AM
come on dude ...

its works .....

yes , its still works ....

i am working with the update .....

try right now ...............:p

He wasn't asking if it still works. Of course it still works. It always has worked, even if not perfectly. What he was asking is if the program is still being "worked on", as in developed in its latest version, 2.5. The answer to that is yes.

The_Amaster
06-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Yes, ZC is still continually being bugfixed and tweaked. And once (if ever) we settle on a definitive "2.5" then I am going to hype that motherf**ker on every site I can in hopes of revitalizing stuff around here. The program does not deserve to die.

Masamune
06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
why are all the updates and such kept on shardstorm?

Nicholas Steel
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Because it's easier to do then making a forum hack to make it easier to post updates?

Masamune
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
It doesn't make any sense from the user's end though. Seems like it could just as easily be on armageddongames.net. Or zeldaclassic.com