PDA

View Full Version : anyone who has played Eduke32

DarkFlameWolf
05-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm trying to load up custom GRP files and custom mods for Duke Nukem 3D under the new enhancement program: EDuke for Duke Nukem 3D. But every time, I can't figure out how to make it load any other GRP file other than the main one. How can I start playing custom mods/campaigns with this program?

Nicholas Steel
05-18-2010, 02:35 AM
EDuke32.exe -xGAME.CON -gGAME.GRP

Use a bat file or similar for trying it with Eduke or download and use YANG for easy offline and online play on custom maps and GRP files. http://www.multi-players-zone.com/yang/

I believe YANG also has support for Descent 2 XL and a bunch of other BUILD games.

Darth Marsden
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Gah, ninja'd. But yeah, that extension is the way to do it.

Hey, since we're talking about eDuke - is it just me, or does the game coupled with the 3D models take forever to load? Like, Unreal 2 ages?

Nicholas Steel
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
It would the first time, if you have the cache enabled with NO compression then next time should be fast.

DarkFlameWolf
05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
ah, so for it to load up a custom grp file with custom con files that refer to other cons so new weapons/enemies/texture would work, I'd have to do the command line?

vegeta1215
05-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Woah... I didn't know there was a port of Duke 3D for the Mac! I remember reading that the source code for the game was released a few years, but I didn't think anyone got anywhere with it. (at least on Linux). This project looks like it may have come out before that, and maybe used the source to improve what they had already. Very cool :)

Nicholas Steel
05-19-2010, 03:44 AM
ah, so for it to load up a custom grp file with custom con files that refer to other cons so new weapons/enemies/texture would work, I'd have to do the command line?

If you use YANG, no. Yang is a very easy program that was firstly focused around Eduke32 I believe.

King Aquamentus
05-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm happy to say that this is a game that actually runs rather well on my system. Plus, I originally had Duke Nukem 64, so seeing everything how it was supposed to be is a real blast... though the N64 version did has some cool different weapons.