PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Wisconsin for the Summer.

Anthus
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
It looks like I will be moving to Wisconsin for the summer. All is set, I just need to get my bus ticket. I am taking a job at a dinner club thing there, since my dad's friend is the head chef. I'm looking forward to the change of scenery, but it sounds like I'll be in a trailer with three other people, so we'll see how that goes. I'm a fairly private person, but the bigger thing is, can I trust these people with my stuff? Nah, I'm not overly paranoid, I just wish I knew a bit more about the people I'm living with, though, one of them is my dad's friend, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm also waiting to hear back about internet availability, which was part of the reason I was making this post. If there is no internet I won't be around for a few weeks till I, or someone else gets internet.

I should be leaving on either the 18th, or 19th of this month, and returning to Ohio some time in August, or maybe early September, I dunno. Mathematically, I came to the conclusion that I should be able to save up about 3,000, assuming I waste about 900-1,000 on stupid shit I don't need which will inevitably happen.

Just thought I'd let people know why, if at all, I was suddenly gone for a few weeks. In the event that there is no internet, I will be forced to either work more on my writing (which is actually going very well) play my Wii, or maybe even work on my ZC quest.

The place is in a small town called Lake Delton (About 60 miles north of Madison), and I'll be taking the Greyhound there. All in all, I am looking forward to it, save for some minor anxieties about the housing thing. Any one have any advice for dealing with roomies, as I've never lived with a roommate?

moocow
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Make them all afraid of you. Then you know they won't touch your stuff :) Good luck, either way!

Orion
05-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Moo cow country (not you, moocow). Be prepared for dairy farms and... well, more dairy farms. You'll be close to Wisconsin dells. Here's a fun fact for you: Lake Delton was completely drained because of a storm 3 years ago.

Anthus
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Moo cow country (not you, moocow). Be prepared for dairy farms and... well, more dairy farms. You'll be close to Wisconsin dells. Here's a fun fact for you: Lake Delton was completely drained because of a storm 3 years ago.

Actually, the Burger King in Wisconsin Dells is where my bus drops me off.

And, I'm not really all the concerned about them touching my stuff per se, I just hope I'm not sharing an actual bed room with anyone. Oh well, I spend a lot of time outside anyway, but I can adapt pretty easily.

Yapollo
05-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Have a good safe trip.......

No, I cannot think of anything witty to say

Pineconn
05-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Wisconsin? Who the heck lives in Wisconsin?

(Sorry, Amaster. :p)

DarkPanther
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Make them all afraid of you. Then you know they won't touch your stuff :) Good luck, either way!

All you need to do is wait until someone says, "Hey nice ___________ (fill in the blank with something you own)." Punch them in the throat immediately and scream, "YEAH AND IT'S GONNA STAY THAT WAY, ISN'T IT?!?!" You'll be fine.

Anthus
05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Turns out the room mates are only temporary. As in, we are getting our own place, I guess, after a week or so. I'll be getting Mario Galaxy 2 first check :D

jerome
05-18-2010, 02:15 AM
I'll be getting Mario Galaxy 2 first check :D
Well there goes $50 of the $900-$1000 you were talking about. Ha ha!

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Anthus
05-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Well there goes $50 of the $900-$1000 you were talking about. Ha ha!

Good luck and have a safe trip.

I also plan on picking up a DS, and Soul Silver, so there goes another $180 :D

Anthus
05-22-2010, 08:56 PM
As I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for this... I am basically all moved in. It's nice, so far. Lots of people, mostly kids running around the camp site where our trailer is. This place has a serious Yogi Bare theme (Maybe some of you even know where I'm talking about).

I can't wait till the water warms up a bit... and till I start getting paid. As for the roommate thing, It's just me and the guy, and there is this girl here for a summer job from college. She seems cool so far.

Yapollo
05-23-2010, 06:51 PM
All right, congratulations. Hope you enjoy your new home.