PDA

View Full Version : Steam on Mac

vegeta1215
05-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure how man other Mac users there are at AGN, but Valve just released Steam for the Mac! There's a bunch of games available and they'll be slowly releasing others (like Half Life 2 for example). Also, until May 24th. you can get Portal for free. I got it the other day and beat Portal and played a couple advanced maps.

I know I'm a few years late playing it, being solely a Nintendo console owner (and not a PC gamer), but it was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to trying some other games on there. Maybe the Half Life's eventually. Braid is available now I think... I hear that one's pretty good. Do any of you play Steam games? Anyone on a Mac thinking of checking it out? (maybe for the first time like me?)

Cloral
05-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Three words: Team Fortress Two.

Get it. Now.

vegeta1215
05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Team Fortress Two isn't out yet, but Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episodes 1 & 2 just came out today! And right now they're on sale :) I might pick up Half-Life 2 to see how I like it, but I have a question. For those of you that have played it, will I be completely lost story wise if I haven't played the original Half-Life? Cause I haven't...

Dark Knight
05-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I never played the first one and I picked up on the story pretty fast. The beginning areas of Half-Life 2 reveal the important bits and pieces of the first game's story.

Darth Marsden
05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Team Fortress Two isn't out yet, but Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episodes 1 & 2 just came out today! And right now they're on sale :) I might pick up Half-Life 2 to see how I like it, but I have a question. For those of you that have played it, will I be completely lost story wise if I haven't played the original Half-Life? Cause I haven't...Nope, you don't need to play HL1 to get HL2. I recommend do so anyway though, because it's a great game.

The story of HL1 can be summed up in three sentences.

1) Oh noes, aliens are invading!
2) Oh noes, the army is killing the aliens - and us!
3) Oh noes, a weird man in a suit has 'employed' me!