PDA

View Full Version : AGN Makes Me Realize...

DarkPanther
05-14-2010, 03:22 PM
...how the internet has changed in the last decade. AGN is the only place on the internet where I recognize people after being gone for almost 7 years. Social sites can't connect people with similar interests like forums of the late 90's, early 00's could. Does anyone else find that strange?

I was pleasantly surprised to see this place still here, and much more so to see familiar faces still on it. So weird. No one that has known me in the past 5 years knows about "DarkPanther" but some of the coolest [well, most interesting ;)] people I've ever met online ever only know me by that.

So thought I'd drop in and see what's up around here. I miss this place in a really weird way.

Brasel
05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately, its quite dead around here these days. I do miss the ability to chat with people about common interests rather than trying to find a good conversation on Facebook, which rarely, if ever, happens.

Cloral
05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Please comment on these pictures of my children!

King Aquamentus
05-14-2010, 10:58 PM
What amazes me all the time is that AGN seems to be a lot nicer in general these days.

vegeta1215
05-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Hey DP! It has been a long time hasn't it? Nice to hear from you.

It has gotten quiet around here, but I still read the forums every other day or so. I'd probably have more to post about if I had more time to game... stupid real life... lol

DarkPanther
05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey DP! It has been a long time hasn't it? Nice to hear from you.

It has gotten quiet around here, but I still read the forums every other day or so. I'd probably have more to post about if I had more time to game... stupid real life... lol

Haha, I hear that. I never thought I'd see the day where work over-takes gaming. :/ I guess it's about this point in my life where I should start having kids so they can play videogames and keep me up to date on it.

Beldaran
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
What amazes me all the time is that AGN seems to be a lot nicer in general these days.

Probably because the following people never post:

All staff

Yapollo
05-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, I post, but I hardly know anything about scripting or the bugs of 2.5 beta, so I am pretty much worthless in the long run, but I try to keep the place alive as little as I can.

Anyways, welcome back, DarkPanther.

Darth Marsden
05-19-2010, 01:48 AM
I have no idea who you are, but you seem to use grammar properly, and that's enough for me!

But yeah, this place is nowhere near as active as it used to be. It pretty much started when the forum got hacked and it never really recovered from that. Shame.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM

All staff

You're both banned.

Long time no see, DP. Hope you stick around.

moocow
05-20-2010, 04:57 PM

All staff

Hey! I post! Sometimes...

Darth Marsden
05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey! I post! Sometimes...Yes, dear. Of course you do.

gdorf
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, its weird knowing that I've been posting (occasionally) on AGN for almost ten years now -- almost half of my life (I'm about to turn 23). Its been interesting to see the users here change as they move through the different phases of their lives. I think most of us were somewhere in our early teens when we first joined AGN, now many of us are married and some of us have children!

It'll be a sad day when AGN finally goes away...

Pineconn
05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I have no idea who you are, but you seem to use grammar properly, and that's enough for me!

I'm on your boat. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh god, I miss the old smilies so much...

Gerudo
05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
You aren't kidding. I know it's few and far between when I come around, but to realize I've been here (more or less) for coming close to 9 years... Wow...

Back on topic, nice to see a name like Darkpanther return to make his rounds.

Darth Marsden
05-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow. I've been here for over 5 years. That's... that's ages. I feel all old now.

MottZilla
05-22-2010, 12:05 AM

All staff

Pretty much. I blame Xbox Live personally.

DarkPanther
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Good to see you guys on here too. :)

Yeah I joined in my late teens. I've been married, divorced, almost killed twice, had 5 different addresses, and getting married again in 2 months. haha Going on 29 this year. Eh.

moocow
05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I joined when I was a junior in high school, if I remember correctly lol. WOW. 10 years ago in December... holy shit. I feel old.

Let's see, since then... well... a lot has happened. lol. I'll be 26 in a couple of weeks.

DarkPanther
05-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Ha! My Plungrappler post still exists. I updated the link in my sig. Somehow that's still amusing to me.

Glitch
05-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Yo DP! :naughty:

Dechipher
05-26-2010, 01:45 AM
I remember you :)

I haven't been on here in....forever.....

@Mooie - I was in 7th grade when I joined, and now I'm a 5th year senior in college :)

LinkSlash
06-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I figured my account would be deleted by now. It must have been over 5 years by now, at least. I think anyway?

Raichu86
06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I almost couldn't log in because my email for this account died years ago and I forgot my password for a while. Glad I remembered it!

I still remember most people who've posted in this thread. It is crazy that we're all still here... ~9 years for me now, of which I've been inactive for the last 4!

Breaker
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM

All staff

I'm still watching you fools.

I missed you DP! What's up?!

King Link
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I quite honestly agree with you, DP.
I rarely find myself browsing the internet anymore, and yet it has changed, very much, anytime I find myself online.
AGN has changed a lot. Seems to be there is little going on nowadays, around here, though that's just at a glance. Obviously I can't really say that. I just pop in once a week or so, now.

DarkPanther
06-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Missed you too Breaker haha.

There's a lot going on actually. Just trying to keep up. :o