View Full Version : Bike to rider: "I don't need you; I can do this myself!"

Dark Nation
05-14-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOmg5_7eHEU

:D

Cloral
05-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Nice.

That reminds me of a trip through Mammoth. They were having a bmx competition there at the time. We stopped and watched the racers comming down the last hill and over the finish line. One of the riders was carrying his bike as the front wheel had been twisted into a figure-eight shape.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-17-2010, 12:53 AM
...One of the riders was carrying his bike as the front wheel had been twisted into a figure-eight shape.

You wouldn't believe how often that actually happens. If you are close to the finish line when the crash occurs, and you are still a contender, it makes sense to try and finish. Your bike is required equipment for placing in the race. If it won't roll, you carry it. ;)

Cloral
05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
That makes sense. I think even if I wasn't a contender, if I was near the end of the race and that happened I'd try to finish just for pride.
That was such an unusual day. We were on a week long backpacking trip through the Sierra Nevadas. We were supposed to end at Devil's Postpile, but we woke up that morning to find that a bear had gotten to our bearbags - even though they were hanging 20 feet in the air. We had to cut our trip short by two days and hike to the nearest trailhead, which was at Agnew Meadows. Luckily that's just up the street from Devil's Postpile and a bus runs from trailhead to trailhead. So the adults left us behind to watch the bmx competition while they went to get the cars. By the time they got back it was getting dark and we were starving. We stopped for dinner at a Sizzler and I swear to god that was the best damn salad bar I've ever had.

jerome
05-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I had heard in a motorcycle safety course that a motorcycle doesn't need a rider to keep going, but never had I seen that until now.

Dark Nation
05-18-2010, 09:26 AM
And this wasn't even a motorcycle. :)

jerome
05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Shows you how much I was paying attention. I was thinking it was a dirtbike! (No sound could've been why - or because I'm blonde) Now it's even funnier.