PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Bug

Shoelace
05-14-2010, 04:47 AM
So I don't know if you guys can fix this or even figure this out. But I got a new laptop:
It is Win 7, HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M640, 2.60 GHz
Memory (ram): 6.00 GB
System: 64-bit Operating System

It works fine with everything so far after going through all of those tutorials on how to get Win 7 to go. But I have one problem: Some of the keys don't work in Zquest. I am doing my HoD update right now (I am adding revised dialogue) and noticed that my " ', right shift, +, [, and ]" are not typing. I notice because you have to do the right shift + pg down to go through the tiles and also, in my dialogue, I can't write the ' sign. It works right now, outside of Zquest, but in Zquest, I can't use the keys at all.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I am guessing it is on the cpu because no one else is having a problem and also for the fact that 2.10, and all of the betas are having the same problem. I was wondering if it is a Win 7 glitch that could be fixed or if it is something on my side I have to do. So any suggestions? O_o

Nicholas Steel
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
newest beta doesn't require shift to scroll through tiles, 'either shift'+directional arrow selects multiple tiles. I have noticed that shift + page down doesn't select tiles while shift + page up DOES.

Shoelace
05-14-2010, 02:49 PM
But either way, when I type, I can't type normal because I use the right shift to captialize and also ' I use a lot. What is what that I just noticed is: The ] button displays [, and the \ button displays ]. But it works great but not in ZC. And again this is on any beta, 2.10, and such.

Shoelace
05-28-2010, 06:29 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could fix this issue or if there is a setting on my computer to fix this. I am doing a rewrite of HoD dialogue and it is really hard to make everything not have the ' or " in my game. Because when typing ', nothing happens. So my text looks like: dont couldnt its donmores house. etc. I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions on why this is happening. :(

Saffith
05-28-2010, 11:58 AM
What are your input language and keyboard layout set to in Windows? I think Allegro might have problems with some settings.

XMuppetSB
05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Similarly, I've been seeing random crashes in ZC on my Windows 7 64-Bit system. And I think these random crashes I keep getting also have something to do with damn the keyboard, because when I press the enter key for example, the system sometimes crashes! Hell, I even got a random crash trying to close out ZC. Read here! (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?45556-I-m-having-stablilty-issues-with-ZC-on-Windows-7!)

Shoelace
06-09-2010, 05:45 AM
What are your input language and keyboard layout set to in Windows? I think Allegro might have problems with some settings.

I am so computer dumb I guess, but where do you I get that information? o.o

Shoelace
06-23-2010, 07:18 PM

I didn't know where exactly you were talking about, but I went to Region and Language and it says:

It says the default input language is: English (United States) - US. I don't know if that is the exact info you needed. I am kinda clueless on that end.

Saffith
06-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Ah, sorry, haven't come by much lately. But, yeah, that's what I meant. I would expect that to be the least problematic setting... If it's the same in 2.10 and the build, I think it's most likely an Allegro issue.
What about when you're not typing? The apostrophe key should bring up the "Combos Used" dialog. Also, pressing any key should make tooltips disappear; do they at least do that much?

Shoelace
06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
What about when you're not typing? The apostrophe key should bring up the "Combos Used" dialog. Also, pressing any key should make tooltips disappear; do they at least do that much?

It does not come up at all. So yeah, the apostrophe key does not bring up the "Combos Used" dialog.

So you said it could be an Allegro issue. Is that something I can fix? :p

Saffith
06-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't know. A separate keyboard would probably work. Changing the keyboard setting to US - International might help, but I doubt it.

It's not just ZQuest, is it? I mean, you can't type with these keys in ZC, either, right? Can you assign buttons to them?

Shoelace
07-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Changing the keyboard setting to US - International did not help. And yeah, it happens in Zelda Classic and Zquest. I should have checked that, but yeah it is definitely a allegro problem. :/