PDA

View Full Version : I'll Get Mine

Brasel
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myBcFpJfJDU&feature=youtu.be

Comments! Critique!

I helped write this one. Dave, our frontman, wrote all the guitar riffs and the lyrics, but I helped piece some parts together and I wrote the (incredibly simple) drum part. We plan on adding some cello and maybe violen to it as well.

We're going into the studio in August. We're being recorded by a guy who used to record for a larger studio in the area. He broke off and started his own business. We're getting an awsome deal as well. This guy went to the number 1 recording college in the country.

jerome
05-11-2010, 01:15 AM
At first it didn't interest me, but I kept listening and couldn't click off from it for some reason. It does have something that pulls you in to keep listening. You didn't write any subliminal messages in it did you?

It's not really my style of music, but it does sound good. I don't know what it would be, but I think it's missing something. I'm just not sure what or where it would be/go. I do think that the solo type part should be a bit more... varied? I mean it shouldn't just follow what's already been done, but with distortion. I'd say keep working on that as maybe the "something that's missing". You don't have to go all Steve Vai on it or anything. Just maybe a little something extra.

Way to go on you guys writing your own songs.

I've only written very few songs myself, most classical in nature. I did't have to worry about lyrics, and it was still really hard.

...it's hauntingly stuck in my head now. now I'll never get to sleep.

I hope none of this offends you, just trying to say what you asked of anyone. :)