PDA

View Full Version : Lots and lots of errors while playing Hidden Duality!

Hark
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm using Zclassic 1.92 beta 183:

The thing is, with 2.10 nothing like this happened while I played completely End of Time DX. It was completely clean of bugs.

Now I read the beta I got is the most recommended for some reason, so I get it and now I always have an error.

The best example I can give is, when I press spacebar to load the map, the first time it loads, the second time it stays like 15 minutes in a black screen that says *Drawing map...* and after that the map is shown but everything is black, except for the crosshair indicating where I am.

Also, sometimes I have really bad slowdown and other times the game close following with a pop up error.

I also noticed that if I press left or right+space bar it quits with another error.

What the hell should I do?:mad::confused:

Nathaniel
05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
As for the map thing, that is not an error with the quest, but rather a bug with that version and build of ZC. Each build has its share of bugs, so it is a matter of choosing the one with the bugs you can most tolerate, which can also vary based on what the quest was originally built for. Hidden Duality and its later DC version were built for beta 183, before 2.10 came out, so that advice was probably based on that. Generally, use the version that a particular quest was built on. There will be bugs, but what differs is pretty much which bugs you get. But hey, as long as they aren't bugs that prevent you from completing the quest, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I have played Hidden Duality DC several times, and outside of ZC bugs, I haven't noticed any other problems, except maybe a continue bug in Level 7. Although I am not sure if that has been fixed or not, as that has been quite a long time ago when that happened.

Hark
05-10-2010, 01:02 AM
I understand.

Thank you for taking your time explaining me.

I ended up uysing the 2.10 for Hidden Duality DC and so far nothing bad to it ;) So... I will continue with it.

Hark
05-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Well I've noticed that the only problem the game have using 2.10 is never press continue in a boss room or the game will stay there forever...

Sighs... happened to me and I have no idea what to do now :(

I tried contacting DarkFlameWolf, hope she answers ASAP.

DarkFlameWolf
05-12-2010, 07:53 AM
It sounds like the infamous level 8 continue bug when using any version other than the recommended. You must restart apparently. However, if the beta 183/184 build isn't working for you, a viable alternative is the Lost Isle Build. I've ops tested all my quests in that build and they seem to be free of Continue bugs in that particular build.

Hark
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Good to know!

Now how do I open the saves from 2.10 into 2.11 Lost Isle build?

Thanks.