PDA

View Full Version : BS Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets

Twilight-Prince1002
05-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Has anyone played this little game, or perhaps even heard of it?

It is a pretty fun game, even if the dungeons are straightforward and sub-par, and it has a decent little follow-up story for Link to the Past. I almost wanna try to make a Zelda Classic variation of the game.

So, do discuss about this little gem.

Orion
05-07-2010, 11:10 PM
The last time I tried to play it, the game hadn't been translated, and the dungeons all appeared as black space, except for the doors. Have they finally finished patching it?

Anthus
05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Has anyone played this little game, or perhaps even heard of it?

It is a pretty fun game, even if the dungeons are straightforward and sub-par, and it has a decent little follow-up story for Link to the Past. I almost wanna try to make a Zelda Classic variation of the game.

So, do discuss about this little gem.

I have played, and beaten it. It is a nice little romp through AlttP's world, and to me, it actually feels like a fan hack. There is something oddly charming about this obscure title. The Broadcast Satellview games are the most overlooked. Have you played that actual BS Zelda? Other than the weird timing thing, it is fun too.

The last time I tried to play it, the game hadn't been translated, and the dungeons all appeared as black space, except for the doors. Have they finally finished patching it?

Yep. It's been done since about 2008, if I can remember. The one I have though has no Dungeon music, only sound effects.

EDIT: I have it on my old Youtube account, but the playthrough is incomplete. http://www.youtube.com/user/RexZemenheart#p/a/F476DBF46EC695CF/0/VQXmz3AakPo

Twilight-Prince1002
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM

Yes, yes they have. All four "weeks" have been translated and it's good to go. You can download them here.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

I have played, and beaten it. It is a nice little romp through AlttP's world, and to me, it actually feels like a fan hack. There is something oddly charming about this obscure title. The Broadcast Satellview games are the most overlooked. Have you played that actual BS Zelda? Other than the weird timing thing, it is fun too.

I have, yes. It is actually considered the "Third Quest" of the original Legend of Zelda, and Broadcast Stellaview actually released two versions of BS Zelda, thus making that one the "Fourth Quest" of sorts. I've played both and beaten them, and they are quite fun.

Orion
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
My god, that website hasn't changed in 10 years...

Darth Marsden
05-08-2010, 01:58 AM
I was playing through the first one a while ago. Not bad at all. Essentially it's just more of the same, but that's not a bad thing with Zelda!

Dell297
05-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I remember playing this game, it was easy. other then fighting ganon in 5 mins...