PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

Cronic
05-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Just checkin in guys =) Lately I've taken my love of pixel art to a different medium... whatcha think?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/jacksparrowack/dragon2.jpg

16 bit twist on a classic...

as you can see my arms still a little damaged from the fire, but otherwise life is good. still makin the ends meet, still rockin a drop dead gorgeous fiancée... Life may knock ya down but the darkest night brings a brighter yadda yada... how ya been AGN?

moocow
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Been better, honestly lol. But I'm not dead, my kid is healthy and my boyfriend and his kid are good sooooo... yeah, could be worse.

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I am here, but I am a busy man ;) Doing pretty good other then the stress at the workplace

AtmaWeapon
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Using those beads for pixel art is fun. I've still got a big jar of like 10,000 beads. It came with 0 useful colors :(

Cronic
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Using those beads for pixel art is fun. I've still got a big jar of like 10,000 beads. It came with 0 useful colors :(

Lol that's just how I started, but then I got wise, went on ebay, and ordered about 200k of them in presorted colors lol... the world of pixel art is now my oyster!

Dechipher
05-26-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm good. I would have graduated college this May, but....eh.
Next May :)
I'm doing lots of cool stuff compositionally and percussion wise, but mostly it's stuff that you guys most likely aren't too interested in :)

Darth Marsden
05-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Eh... I had a tooth out on Thursday, and the right side of my mouth is still sore. This also brings headaches. I think I'm addicted to Ibuprufen as well, but whatever.

Otherwise, I'm stuck in a job that sucks, I have no money, I had to re-install Windows recently thanks to a f*ck-you virus, I have no energy to do things that I want to do (my writing, for example) and my life is generally a mess.

But enough about me, great to see that you're doing well!

The_Amaster
05-30-2010, 12:23 PM
First year of college ate up my life, and I won't lie, I migrated to NeoGAF for a lot of my forum-ing, but I decided to randomly stop by today, see how everyone was doing.

Pineconn
05-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Holy crap, look who it is! And I know what you mean. I'm finishing up a robot project this quarter at Ohio State and it's been completely draining my life to a withered husk. Only 11 days until I'm done... Oh, I can just taste the honey now...

jerome
05-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Eh... I had a tooth out on Thursday, and the right side of my mouth is still sore. This also brings headaches. I think I'm addicted to Ibuprufen as well, but whatever.
I've been there a couple of times. Most recently was when I was in boot camp and they thought it'd be a good idea to pull out my wisdom teeth. Luckily I only had 2 to pull. Ibuprofen was my friend as well. And then I started saving it for my knee when we ran. I had done something to it while there and the Ibuprofen kept the pain down to just above tolerable. Now it doesn't bother me.

Later I got to get a root canal. If you ever get a chance for one of those, pass on it. Most of the time, it wasn't that bad, but the times when I felt it through the novacaine, whoo... ouch.

Bet let me end on a more positve note, Don't forget to brush and floss kids!

Pineconn, what's your robot supposed to do?

KJAZZ
05-31-2010, 03:47 AM
I've been pretty good. Not really hanging out here, but I'm still kicking. :P Nice to still recognize some faces.

Darth Marsden
05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Later I got to get a root canal. If you ever get a chance for one of those, pass on it. Most of the time, it wasn't that bad, but the times when I felt it through the novacaine, whoo... ouch.I just looked this up on Wikipedia. I will now have nightmares about this. I officially hate you.*

For the curious, I'm doing a lot better. The tooth (or lack thereof) is healing up, and I no longer have headaches all the time - just some of the time. Work still sucks, though. We're very short staffed, so I've been moved onto tills, which I hate with a passion, but I've learned that I won't be on tills forever, which isn't too bad.

My PC is actually pretty much OK - I didn't lose any data, just had to install Windows on top of the old version. Most of my games still work fine (probably becuase they all had No-CD cracks installed), so I just had to re-install the programs like Nero and Office. No biggie. Though I can no longer play SiN, thanks to the latest ATI Radeon drivers. I swear, they will NEVER get it right.

Finally, I'm putting on weight. Not much, but still.

*Not really.

The_Amaster
05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Holy crap, look who it is! And I know what you mean. I'm finishing up a robot project this quarter at Ohio State and it's been completely draining my life to a withered husk. Only 11 days until I'm done... Oh, I can just taste the honey now...
Wow, you guys must get out late. My last exam was on May 13th. Is the robotics project for a class?
I've actually spent the last year doing undergrad research with my University's robotics department, and it really seems like what I want to go into as a career.

King Link
05-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Long time no see.
I tend to find myself ducking in and out of here every few months (or even once a year) though lately I have been dropping a line or two a lot more often.
Same old, same old 'round here. Work a lot, play the games, you know the drill.