PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Tri

vegeta1215
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Anyone played this game? A lot of people are talking about it, and I'm wondering how good it is. I should mention that I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. The game looks interesting, but it looks very slow paced, which is okay with me so long as it's fun. If I got it I don't know how much I'd play the online portion, but I am curious how the experience is both offline and online.

ShadowTiger
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Anyone played this game? A lot of people are talking about it, and I'm wondering how good it is. I should mention that I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. The game looks interesting, but it looks very slow paced, which is okay with me so long as it's fun. If I got it I don't know how much I'd play the online portion, but I am curious how the experience is both offline and online.

My friend has it. It's her favorite game. It's all she's been playing lately.

I, on the other hand, don't have it. :p So I can't tell you much about it.

AtmaWeapon
04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
The review I read said the Monster Hunter series is a pretty good series to just pick up wherever and go. The story is apparently, "There are monsters. You're a monster hunter."

I'm curious, but the review also made it sound like it's not worth the waggle controls; I haven't price-checked the super deluxe bundle that comes with the classic controller pro. Not to mention I've got like 4 months of games stacked up already.

Thunderbird
04-30-2010, 02:03 AM
I picked up the game, but haven't had much time to get into it. I've opted to use a Classic Controller, so I can't comment on the waggle controls either (though even with the CC, you have to use the Wii Remote to capture data on monsters...which isn't really all that annoying if you're keeping your distance from them).

Nicholas Steel
05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
It's pretty good, though the offline mode uses some pretty gay tactics to restrict you from getting ubber powerful straight away :P I've yet to play it online but it is a fairly solid experience and the story appears to be separate from previous games in the series.

I use the Classic Controller PRO which is infinitely better then Nintendo's version as it actually isn't tiny to hold :O and the hand grips are super comfy.

Thunderbird
05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I use the Classic Controller PRO which is infinitely better then Nintendo's version as it actually isn't tiny to hold :O and the hand grips are super comfy.

Nintendo is the one who makes the Classic Controller Pro, not Capcom.

I've been messing around in the online mode lately, in solo for now to get Hunter Rank. Anybody want to join me at some point for a few rounds?

Nicholas Steel
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
GET THIS GAME, is hella fun when played online!

Nicholas Steel
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
High rank Uragaan is a bitch to beat :/ I'm almost at HR 46 and can join my friend in first attempt against Alatreon