PDA

View Full Version : My band's gig Friday Night

Brasel
04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqoDB7acUqs

Other than my lead guitar player's strap falling off and dropping his guitar, we had a pretty successful night. The other bands were all death metal, and we were told we were a very welcome break from the other bands. Unfortunately, due to the stage lighting, you can't really see me back there on the drums. I've only been playing for a year now, so I don't attempt anything too fancy.

Let me know what you guys think. I need constructive criticism please.

Beldaran
04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't personally care for the songwriting (not really my kind of music) or the guitar playing, but I have to say I'm impressed that you've been playing for only a year. You're not too bad. The band as a whole is, like I said, not really my cup of tea, but I would say you are not the weak link in the band.

Brasel
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't personally care for the songwriting (not really my kind of music) or the guitar playing, but I have to say I'm impressed that you've been playing for only a year. You're not too bad. The band as a whole is, like I said, not really my cup of tea, but I would say you are not the weak link in the band.

I appreciate that. Thanks.

It seems that not a whole lot of people are interested in this kind of music anymore. The popular bands in this area either play death metal or covers. Its kind of frusterating at times, because its extremely fun to play and write, but noone really cares.