PDA

View Full Version : Secret Then Item

RedDeathX7
04-18-2010, 11:37 AM
It's been quite a while since I used Zquest so I don't remember completely everything. How do you make an item appear after you complete a secret like if I would light a torch and then a key appeared.

King Aquamentus
04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
It's been quite a while since I used Zquest so I don't remember completely everything. How do you make an item appear after you complete a secret like if I would light a torch and then a key appeared.

You can't. You can only make items appear after defeating all enemies in a room. Now, if you were employ a script of some sort, this could probably easily be done, but otherwise it isn't happening.

RedDeathX7
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Ahh I see. That's too bad because I don't know anything about scripting.

Joe123
04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
You could have the secret turn the floor into pit combos which warp you to a duplicate screen with the item on it. Or just have a chest containing the item appear.

RedDeathX7
04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
You could have the secret turn the floor into pit combos which warp you to a duplicate screen with the item on it. Or just have a chest containing the item appear.

I could do that yes. Thanks for the help =3

King Aquamentus
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
This is more a case of common quest deception though, similar to how cutscenes are pulled off, or in most cases the illusion of multiple floors on a screen.